About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Sunday, May 07, 2023

Following the Money: More to Come!

On Thursday and Friday, I gathered most of the reports filed in the Bethlehem and Easton City Council races. I have Tara Zrinski's report in the Controller's race. Unfortunately, I had to leave the courthouse a little early on Friday, so I am still waiting for a few reports that came in after I left. I will have reports on the Easton and Bethlehem City Council races on Tuesday. Allentown City Council reports will hopefully be on the city website by then. 

3 comments:

Vladimir Ill-itch said...

Did you get Kelly Keegan's? (County Council candidate) I know she's unopposed but I'm curious. She did form a committee so she's got to file something.

As for TeamTara, I can't wait to see this. Judging from the endorsements she posts on her FB page, this could be interesting.

Bernie O'Hare said...

I have the reports filed by Keegan and Zrinski. I will write about Zrinski's report once I have the report from her opponent Nadeem Qayuum. I have reported that (1) Keegan paid for the challenge to Myers: and (2) was no doubt assisted in that effort by a $1,000 contribution from McClure.

Vladimir Ill-itch said...

"I have reported that (1) Keegan paid for the challenge to Myers: and (2) was no doubt assisted in that effort by a $1,000 contribution from McClure."

I knew about the challenge and the ruling, but I didn't know how much it cost the Keegans nor where the funds came from. She's a nurse and he's a retired school administrator so a grand for a challenge should be something they can afford out of pocket.

And, if that's the case, it's a slimeball move. I like McClure but that's just wrong and wrong by both parties. I didn't know that funds donated to your election committee could be used to challenge ballot petitions. It's unethical and borderline corrupt, in my opinion.

Thanks for giving us information the local press doesn't cover.