About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Wanna' Ride From Cementon to Jim Thorpe?

Yesterday afternoon, I received an email telling me my Cannondale Trail 5 had finally arrived. I dropped everything to pick it up. The bike was located at an REI in Princeton, so it must be quite intelligent. It's also a best. I took it on its inaugural ride last night, and it's even better than the one stolen from me. But the bike is only part of the story. What;s really great about cycling are all the great trails in this area. So I want to invite you to join me on a ride from the Cementon Trail Head to Jim Thorpe and back. 

I've already made arrangements to do this with another cyclist on September 12. We will be leaving the Cementon Trailhead of the D&L on September 12 at 9 am. From there we will ride past Slatingtopn, Weissport and into Jim Thorpe. We'll stop for lunch and then make our way back.

You are welcome to join us for all or part of the ride. Trump lovers. Trump haters. QAnon wing nuts. Antifa. I would request that you bring a tube in the event of a flat and wear a helmet. 

6 comments:

Michael Drabenstott said...

I'd love to join you but I'll be away on Sept 12. Have a great day. Enjoy that new ride.

Anonymous said...

I'll go but everyone on the ride has to do some mushrooms.

Anonymous said...

I will try to join you. I just returned from the 34th Annual Ben to the Shore ride which is a 65 mile ride from Philadelphia to Atlantic City.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Very cool

Anonymous said...

Love these bike stories.

Anonymous said...

Since we’re Shrooming count me in.