About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Friday, November 06, 2020

My Revised Comment Policy

Blogger's Note: The American people have signaled they've had enough tribalism, and so have I. From now on, I intend to reject all such comments. In addition, I will reject any and all conspiracy theories, including election fraud, unless backed up with hard evidence.  

You own views are appreciated, especially if they differ from mine. But remember, commenting is a privilege, not a right. I will delete personal attacks or off-topic remarks at my discretion. Comments that play into the tribalism that has consumed this nation will be declined. So will comments alleging voter fraud unless backed up by concrete evidence. If you attack someone personally, I expect you to identify yourself. I will delete criticisms of my comment policy, vulgarities, cut-and-paste jobs from other sources and any suggestion of violence towards anyone. I will also delete sweeping generalizations about mainstream parties or ideologies, i.e. identity politics. My decisions on these matters are made on a case by case basis, and may be affected by my mood that day, my access to the blog at the time the comment was made or other information that isn’t readily apparent.

7 comments:

Joe Welsh said...

Good policy. Could you please forward it to facebook.

peterjcochran said...

Like it ,Bernie- like Accidental Process Anomalies” they be lawyer words , love it.

John said...

I think you need a comma in the last sentence after the word “made”. Just sayin’.

I had to go to two-factor Google account verification to say that.

James Neara said...

What's "IK intend to reject" mean? Some QAnon code or what? Damn. Shit's getn' crazier by the minute.

Bernie O'Hare said...

"I think you need a comma in the last sentence after the word “made”. Just sayin’."

I believe a comma there is inappropriate.

""IK intend to reject" mean? Some QAnon code or what? "

Shhhh!

Unknown said...

So Bernie, you implement this after Biden wins. Seems like funny timing that fits your needs perfectly. Trying to prevent open dialog now?

Respectfully Mark from Bangor

Bernie O'Hare said...

That has been my policy for several years, but I am making it more clear. I do not believe we go forward unless we stop vilifying each other. That is a point Biden made, and I agree. It does not prevent open dialogue. It prevents attempts to demonize each other.