About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Pa. Supremes Take Over Five Election Cases on One Issue

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court has exercised "extraordinary jurisdiction" over five cases pending in the Commonwealth Court, limited to this question: "Does the Election Code require county boards of elections to disqualify mail-in or absentee ballots submitted by qualified electors who signed their ballot’s outer envelopes but did not handwrite their name, their address, and/or a date, where no fraud or irregularity has been alleged?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gather that the statute says requires only that the ballot be signed. The printed name and address are on the other envelope anyway. So I say such ballots should be counted.

Anonymous said...

I used a mail in ballot, and I remember that when I went to sign the envelope there was something about my address that confused me. I thought it was already printed there, and there was space to write it. Seems like it must have been there were just blanks to enter it. But I don't recall instructions to write my address. I don't know if I did or just left it blank. Seems like there could be better instructions. Why do I have to enter my address, if the board of elections was able to send me the ballot? I guess it is a double check, but it seems stupid.