About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Buddy Christ Makes His Election Day Picks

What's shakin' baby? It's Me, the Redeemer with a Beamer, the Savior of Misbehavior. Who's your Buddy?

While Fat Ass O'Hare and Angle are out stealing McHale signs, it's time for my Election Day picks.


Northampton County Exec: I know, I know, John Stoffa is a boring boy scout. And seriously, who comes up with goofy slogans like "Get off the sofa and vote for Stoffa." But guess what? We like boy scouts in My world. Vote Stoffa.

Northampton County Judge: More frickin' boy scouts! Two girl scouts, too. Spin the bottle. Narlesky gets a demerit for using Severson.

Palmer-Tatamy-Forks Magistrate: Tony Sortino over Jackie Taschner. They're both nice people, but Jackie gets a demerit for using Severson, too.

Bethlehem: Karen Dolan, a Liberty High School teacher, is my favorite. She is the first elected official, other than Stoffa, to knock party boss Joe Long's authoritarian style. There is only One God, and it isn't him. I also like newcomer Mike Recchiutti, who brings a fresh perspective to city government. Besides, his last name sounds like some kind of pasta.

Easton: Mike Fleck is running again?? I don't Fleckin' believe it. Vote for Dennis Lieb, an independent thinker whose essays have appeared on this blog.

Allentown: The Mayor's race is already over and I just don't want to talk about it. Every Council needs a pain in the ass, so I'd vote for Lou Hershman. If party machine types dislike him enough to wage a last minute, anonymous smear campaign, he must be doing something right.

Downtown Allentown Magistrate: Walter is my man! Vote Felton, baby. He's exactly what is needed to keep the peace in that powderkeg.

23 comments:

dick nepon said...

It isn't over until it's over.

Anonymous said...

Best not to ask "What would Jesus do?" when it comes to political candidates and elections.

Anonymous said...

BH, things ar getting INTERESTING. This City Council election has had it all: mystery, intrigue, sabotage, even a good amount of possible character assasination. People talk about how bad the gangs are in A-town, but it seems there is nothing more "gangsta" than these politicians and organizations...

Make sure and VOTE today !

- J. BLACK
www.5minutes2shine.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Not sure, not sure at all, but think McHale as well as lots of other big timers @ pre-grand opening of Sands slots in s. Bethlehem yesterday.

Cemetery Sam said...

Jesus would NOT vote for a Liar and rook in Easton! (Mike Fleck, who STILL claims to be a Moravian grad. He is as much a "GRAD" as Bill O'Reilly is a Peabody winner! BOTH are flaming liars and total assholes.)


Dennis Lieb is a great visionary, and is NOT a compulsive liar like his slime opponent!

GO DENNIS LIEB!!!!!

Anonymous said...

But Bernie, Dolan took $5,000 Wasn't she bought???

Anonymous said...

bernie are you a fat ass like angle? and do you steal mchale signs?

these allegations, you must speak up

Bernie O'Hare said...

Buddy Christ is full of shit. We were at the gym. But I do make Ron look like a Chippendale.

Anonymous said...

Fleck will beat Dennis today and by the way call Moravian College, Fleck does have his degree and they will tell you so. He is alumni of Moravian. Fleck will take around 75% of the vote today.

Anonymous said...

heard along the way that dolan used a picture of tj roonies daughter w/o permission. do we have another severnson in the making with dolan?

Anonymous said...

"Verily I say unto thee, may He deliver us from the LongDems into the Promised Land. Lord have mercy on Northampton County."
-Ghosts of Thomas and Lady Julia Penn

Anonymous said...

Anon 11:43

Just don't invite Severson to your prayer group.

Anonymous said...

I feel Fleck will be bad for Easton. Some years ago he was pushing a property tax reform plan that would tax you on the square feet of your property instead of the actual cash value. I live in a small 4 room house with an acre lot that is mostly woodland on a hillside. Fleck's plan would mean I would have to pay MORE in taxes than the big mansions on College Hill when mine is worth maybe $75 g and they are worth $500G to $1 million. And why did he push it so hard? Because he and/or his father had a few rental properties with small lots so it would have saved him a few bucks each year. He could care less about anyone else,why do you think he filled that dumpster whith his own trash? I honestly think Fleck is bad for Easton.

Anonymous said...

Go Karen Dolan!

Karen Dolan said...

The photo of Abai Rooney and I was a gift to me from Abai. I asked her if I could use it in a mailer; she said yes. I asked her to talk to her parents about it before she committed for sure. She did. Her name was not used.

Eastonian But Not A Vulcano said...

I didn't get my newspaper this morning. Fleck must be running for something again.

J. SPIKE ROGAN said...

ANON 10:25 aka a member of the Fleck house. HA! 75% just like you claimed you were going to "Kick Sal's Ass" the last primary. How did that work out?


And don't get me started about the $3,000 you claimed you would pay me and didn't.

Let alone all the fellow Dems you bash behind closed doors.

I could go on and on, but I have a life in the real world to deal with. Perhaps when I get to the point when all I do is sit around dreaming of being Mayor, I too can troll this blog!

Or have my campaign troll, like you had us do two years ago.

tisk,tisk.
And what is Moriavian's number? I hear the Express Times wants to fact check it.

Once a Lying sack of shit, always a lying sack of un-electable shit! (Mike Fleck that is.)

Anonymous said...

Wow. I don't think Spike gat his newspaper delivered this morning, either.

Don't even think of charging us for today's edition, Mike.

Lighthouse said...

Just got back from voting. At 5:30 I was number 58. Sad.

I will put my two cents out there that the fine print of how many to vote for for each office (at least with the lighting I had) was very hard to read. For those who did not know all the candidates they planned to vote for, that could have been a problem especially for school district (BASD), and County and State judges.

Anonymous said...

Just because something doesn't move for four years doesn't mean it's a sofa.

Get off that Stoffa and buy a Sofa!

J. SPIKE ROGAN said...

http://blog.pennlive.com/lvbreakingnews/fleck.jpg

Anonymous said...

Just back from voting. The print on the touch screens was an eye chart and should be addressed. I'm talking toilet-reading tiny print small.

Anonymous said...

Dude,

I am a graduate of Moravian COLLEGE. I just checked the Moravian COLLEGE alumni website. The only Fleck EVER listed as a graduate of Moravian COLLEGE is:

Ms. Christina Fleck
Class of 2007
Cincinnatia, Ohio