About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Friday, November 02, 2007

Angle Kicked Off Radio Show Before it Even Airs

We all have our dreams.

I'd like to be a male exotic dancer. Joe Long would like to be a party boss. And Ron Angle would love to be a shock jock.

If Angle had to choose between his millions and a low-paid radio talk show, he'd be on the air in a heartbeat. He'd even kiss council goodbye for a good radio gig. Occasionally, Angle does get a program, but it never lasts.

Ron was scheduled as a guest on Bruce Davis' local radio talk show today for thirty minutes. Hey, it's not much, but it's something, right? But get this. When Bossman Long found out, he raised holy hell, citing FCC, CIA, and FBI regs. Davis was forced to withdraw his invitation.

Now we all know Angle has been kicked off every AM radio station in a fifty mile radius. But this is a first. Ron was bounced before he even got started.

Ron shouldn't feel bad. Long was so worried about Angle being on WGPA, which has about seven listeners, that he completely missed Angle earlier this week as a guest on Business Matters.

And that's television, baby!

Oopsie! Maybe I can do a pole dance there in a few weeks.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another snark about WGPA having 7 listeners,fair and balanced your not. Your just like Angle, If you don't agree with something then say it,you don't like Timmer Broadcasting period. I'm sure the 7 listeners were waiting with baited breath to hear Angle anyway.
Does Bruce Davis know about only 7 listeners ? He said he's been there for 11 years,someone should tell him.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Inside radio!

That's why not so Jolly Joe won't pay for Arbitron ratings. They don't tell a twisted tale. They tell the truth.

For the last reported period, WGPA was rated 1.0 while WAEB AM was 4.4. Even KYW newsradio, which comes out of Philly, does better, at 1.3.

You can see these lousy ratings here.

In an audience that reaches 690,600 people, WGPA reaches only 6,900 throughout any given day. That's pretty pathetic.

Blah Society said...

Doesn't Long have anything better to do?

Anonymous said...

WGPA transmitts with 250 watts,day time only.
WAEB 1000 watts 24 hours a day.
KYW 50,000 watts 24 hours a day
As for the FM stations thats like apples and oranges.
If we consider the watts of power and time on the air sure WGPA has a tough time , but 7 listeners.
The more area the stations covers most assuredly you will have better ratings.
That does not show up in the arbitron ratings. I't should !

Bernie O'Hare said...

Inside Radio!

So should WGPA AM. It doesn't. A lousy 1.0 compared to a 1.3 for a newsradio station out of Philly? A lousy 1.0 compared to a 4.4 for another AM station, WAEB?

And now that I think about it, WGPA has 0 listeners between sunset and sunrise. It has a cinderella license.

Chris Casey said...

I think the Bernie O'hare pole dancing hour is a perfect show for radio. Some things shouldn't be seen!

Anonymous said...

One thing in common about WGPA and WAEB both had enough common sense to boot Angle.

Also WGPA streams all night on the internet, Polkas of course.

Bernie O'Hare said...

I'll remember that next time I have insomnia.

Anonymous said...

all they had to do was have Angle's opponent on the instant or next show for "equal time"! end of story.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone listen to Bruce Davis or watch Tony Iannelli?

I think Wood Heat fares better in the ratings.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Funny!

Actually, I like Tony Iannelli's show when I can remember to watch it. He's always topical, produces great guests, asks terrific questions and keeps the show hopping. He's pretty good and worth checking out.

Big Ned said...

Well I for one have more than 7 listeners every Saturday afternoon at Sunny 1100. As I probably do thee best oldies-doo-wop show going, including the new Gene Kaye at KAP (mike mittman I think LOL LOL) I dont bring in groups and brag about it I play them and brag about, That 250 watt flame thrower, I get calls from as far away as South Africa enjoying my show (verified phone number and taped) and Tony Testa of the Duprees checks in with me from time to time as does Vito Piccone of the "Elegants", NO CONTROVERSY on my show, I dont throw off personalities that love music, but pollotics, dont need it, GO HILLARY!!!