About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Morning Call Forum Has a Bernie O'Hare Impersonator

I must be doing something right. Someone is so pissed at me that he has started using the Morning Call Forum, disguised as me, to say some pretty disgusting things. Here are a few recent comments attributed to me.

1) Giuliani to hit up Lehigh Valley for 2008 funds
"i cant wait, i plan on attending with an erection to see the next president of the united states of america
http://lehighvalleyramblings.blogspot.com/
"

2) Jury deadlocked in Bethlehem Twp stabbing trial
"typical N is going to get away with being an N"

3) Lame duck Easton mayor unveils 14 percent tax hike
"this is the reason this jew got voted out in the first place
maybe Panto and his hitler ways will change the course of Negro loving Easton and their pimp and ho parties
http://lehighvalleyramblings.blogspot.com/ "


Someone is trying to marginalize me. At first, remarks like these were posted here. They started when the election began to heat up. Since I deleted them and started tracking this person, he's decided to post his slime at The Morning Call forum.

But you see, just like the anonymous robocalls and slime campaign mail, this tactic is already backfiring. Instead of driving traffic from my blog, it's picking up.

Gee, thanks!
Update: The slime campaign continues! Since this morning's post, the slime campaign against me has continued.
1) Suspect in Phila. police killing being held in Allentown "now he can teach the criminals in lehigh county how to shoot cops, I predict within 6 months an Allentown officer will be killed in the line of dutyhttp://lehighvalleyramblings.blogspot.com/ "

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Disgusting Bernie...hang in there.

Blue Coyote said...

Bigotry and intolerance, silenced by argument, endeavors to silence by persecution, in old days by fire and sword, in modern days by the tongue - Charles Simmons

Bigotry tries to keep truth safe in its hand with a grip that kills it - Rabindranath Tagore

Just keep posting Bernie.

Anonymous said...

No one can come close to your smell, ignorance and just plain pig-headedness. You are still the original and still the best. Maybe its a jilted lover or Angle on bad mushrooms.

Anonymous said...

some folks are just basic bags of monkey poo. don't worry, though, bern. we knew it wasn't you the minute we read the part about an "erection". by the way, put on a sweater. gettin chilly in here.

Blah Society said...

I wonder if the fake B.O. has a blow-up doll, too.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Anon 5:36,

Yep, it's freezing!

Bernie O'Hare said...

John Stoffa,

Unless you're a John Stoffa impersonator, thanks.

J. SPIKE ROGAN said...

The Howard Stern effect.

The more controversy the more ratings go up.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bernie. We're looking into this; if this person has registered, we can ban him or her. And the next time you see the impersonator posting as you, please flag that and shoot me an e-mail. We will jump right on it. (I just don't want to accidentally ban the real Bernie.)

Anonymous said...

The Morning Call should require registration.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Chris Krewson,

Thanks for your help. One of the three posts I mentioned is still up. It's the one that refers to me being up. In addition, folks are copying the offensive remarks to make comments about them, too.

I usually only look at the MC forum foir about 1/20 of the stories that your great paper publishes, so I'm sure I'll miss quite a few.

In fact two of the comments I mention in this post were sent to me by friends. But I'll try to follow your advice and will email this blog right back to you.

J. SPIKE ROGAN said...

It never ceases how many psycos lurk online.

The web is more dangerous, than a dark alley in a crack driven part of town.

Heck SPIN magazine in 1994 ran a major piece on celebrity stalkers who live online.

Then there was the Michelle Mulkin fan, who sent powder toa all he felt betrayed America. (Like Olberman, Brokaw, basicly people who may have told a fact once a year.)

He was always online as well.

I'm sure this swine will cry like a newborn when they bust him in his grandmothers basement.

Bernie O'Hare said...

The Morning Call should require registration.

I disagree. I like the free and open exchange of info. Although there are lots of trolls at the forum, it's always interesting to see how people think.

I don't require registration, either.

Anonymous said...

Isn't one Bernie O'Hare enough???

Bernie O'Hare said...

Actually, there have been four of us so far. Our family has no imagination.

Anonymous said...

Sadly, the hateful nature of the impostor posts is standard fare on MC's forums.

Anonymous said...

You don't see anyone impersonating Joe Long, do you?!
That would be like impersonating a giant Gerbil! LOLOLOL!

Anonymous said...

Bernie,

I agree; it's important to keep an open forum, but it certainly does bring out the crazies.

This past Sunday there were some vile, violent posts to my column about the Pa. Nat. Guard 213th ASG currently deployed in Iraq.

I cringed at the thought of those folks or their families reading such filth. Mercifully, the comments were removed.

It's a sad commentary on the First Amendment when we can't disagree with each other in a civil manner.

Don't worry, Bernie, the impostor will be found and banished, then you can be your sweet, funny self again.

Anonymous said...

even if some one posts as an anon they can still be traced through the email address. so there will be no problem in really knowing who it is. But we do have the first amendment so if you want to complain about someone , they have a right to speak their mind too.

Bernie O'Hare said...

I believe in a broad interpretation of the First Amendment, but I don't believe the First Amednment gives someone the right to assume my identity and post racist remarks, hoping to confuse people into thinking it's me.

I can track down anonymous comments here if i have the time and catch it right away. I can't track down something posted on another site.

That's what subpoeonas are for.