About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Thursday, April 04, 2013

O'Donnell Accuses Gracedale Administrator of "Conflict of Interest"

Thomas O'Donnell is one of eight Democrats running for five at-large seats on Northampton County Council.  A former Chair of Lower Nazareth's Supervisors, he was fired as a state auditor in 1988 for conducting Township business on the state's dime. He appealed that ruling, and it's unclear to me how that matter ended. He was an unsuccessful County Council candidate in 2001.

In a recent speech to Easton area Democrats (see video here), O'Donnell mentioned repeatedly that he is a "certified fraud examiner". In other words, like our Controller, he's not an accountant.

O'Donnell accused Gracedale's private Administrator, Premiere Healthcare Resources, of a conflict of interest in recommending Lifestar over Nazareth Ambulance as the nonemergency medical transport carrier for the nursing home. This is because Premiere uses Lifestar at one or two of its other nursing homes.

O'Donnell should know better. All this means is that Premiere knows Lifestar, just as it knows Nazareth. There is no evdence of any pecuniary gain whatsoever. Under his twisted logic, if I can call it that, it would be a conflict of interest to continue with Nazareth Ambulance, too, because that's who currently serves Gracedale. As a supposed fraud examiner, I'd have to ask, where's the fraud.

His accusation is reckless.

O'Donnell also claims that Council meetings "are biased in favor of the administration at the expense of the taxpayer." That should be news to Executive John Stoffa.

I believe we can do better than this guy.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bernie,

What office is this guy running for?

Bernie O'Hare said...

I'm a maroon. I should have pointed out he is a NorCo Council candidate. I will make a change.

Anonymous said...

I can liv ewith his diusdagrrements with Stoffa's way of doing things but he sounds a bit out of it and erratic.

Anonymous said...

12:31, what the Hell???

Anonymous said...

goof ball if there ever was one

Anonymous said...

i think maybe someone gets a kick back from the lifestar!! go nazareth, fight back!!!!

Unknown said...

That video of him addressing the Easton Dems was too painful to watch to the end!

Anonymous said...

In some ways when you hear the guy you almost want to vote for him out of pity, I won't, but he is that out of touch.

It is hard to agree or disagree with him becasue most of the time you have no idea about what topic he is rambling on.

Anonymous said...

Where can I view this video of him addressing the Easton Dems? Did all the candidates talk or just him? Do you actually have a video of the candidates speaking? I'd like to see it.

Bernie O'Hare said...

I have linked to it on my post. Look for "see video here".

Anonymous said...

This guy reminds me of the Democrat version of Mezzacappa. cRaZy!

Anonymous said...

The Lifestar vs. Nazareth situation is a no brainer. I work at Gracedale. I am working under a contract that has forced me back to 2005 earnings. We were told to "give back." Im trying to figure out why it doesnt apply to this situation? Lifestars offers the exact same service. I can tell you from experience that one is not superior to the other.