Tuesday, April 30, 2013
How I Rate NorCo Council Candidates
1) Gerald (Jerry) Seyfried. - A former Executive, former Council member and former cabinet level official, I know nobody more knowledgeable about the County than he. Jerry claims Amanda Seyfried gets her good looks from him.
2) Ron Heckman. - This former Council member and former cabinet level official claims I have a shrine at my estate, containing candlelit portraits of Charlie Dent, Ron Angle and John Stoffa. And he's right!
3) Deb Hunter. - She's run once before and barely lost, but has continued attending meetings and even participated in the County's first ever Citizen Academy. She is an independent thinker, and like any good teacher, does her homework.
4) Kerry Myers - Unlike most of today's crop of politicos, this man has spent his adult life as a volunteer. In his case, it has mostly been in youth sports. He brings passion and a pledge to remember our veterans.
5) Christen Borso. - She has been attending meetings for months, is a well-recognized business person who can bring that perspective to Council, and is another grad of the Citizen Academy.
6) Bill Wallace. - Intelligent and personable, Bill is just too partisan. I question whether he can play nice with Republicans. All of his activity has been party-oriented.
7) Jason Toedter. - This guy thinks voters should elect him because he has a Master's Degree.
8) Tom O'Donnell. - Ill-informed, cranky and divisive.
1) Peg Ferraro. - I am still very upset over the way she deposed Ron Angle. But she has the experience and, in many respects, is often the wisest member on NorCo Council. Being objective, she'd have to be rated highest.
2) Seth Vaughn. - This Physician's Assistant threw a big scare into Ken Kraft in the district race two years ago. Like Ken, he's a Marine. He's also an Iraq War vet, and brings that perspective along with his medical knowledge. Vaughn regularly attends Council meetings as well.
3) Glenn Geissinger. - Like Democrat Kerry Myers, Geissinger is known for volunteerism. Like Republican Frank Hesch, he runs a small business. A former Bishop in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Geissinger has been a regular attendee at Council meetings.
4) Frank Hesch. - A co-founder of the Whitehall Chamber of Commerce, he is a well-regarded small businessman, the kind of Republican we all tend to admire.
5) Mat Benol. - Despite his Libertarian and tea party leanings. Benol is no extremist. He listens to what others say, and attempts to build a consensus. He is a frequent meeting attendee.
6) Hayden Phillips. - A retired marine colonel, Phillips is a tea party member. I have seen no evidence that he's really mounted any sort of campaign.
7) Tricia Mezzacappa. - Racist. Disorderly conduct conviction after a borough hall tirade that included death threats against an elected official.Currently faces harassment charges for impersonating a third person and deceiving voters that she had his support. Her account at The Express Times was suspended afyer she repeatedly posted this death fantasy about me: "Deep breath, aim, shoot, and....one hollow point goes right through his skull, he's dead before he hit the ground, kersplat....PERFECT" She has a Master's degree.