About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Friday, May 23, 2008

Iron Pigs: The Stat That Matters to an Owner

Frank, a friend of mine, recently suggested that I add a link to the standings for our very own Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs. You'll see one on my left sidebar. Despite recent signs of life, the Porkers are resting comfortably in their division basement. The have the league's worst batting average and second worst ERA. But when it comes to attendance, the Pigs are contenders. Drawing an average of 7,135 fans to home games, Lehigh Valley is second only to the Louisville Bats.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been to 7 games so far, 2 of them w/ my daughter and a few of her friends. Great place, fantastic family entertainment. And while they're still mired in the basement, the last few weeks where the've turned it around a bit have been great!

GO PIGS!

Bernie O'Hare said...

This weekend will be my 6th time. I love it there, too.

Bernie O'Hare said...

I forgot. There's one thing I'd like to see. I'd like them to open the gates a little sooner on some of the weekend games. That way, kids can pour in and watch the team do batting practice and can talk to some of the players.

Anonymous said...

Yoccos and Yuengling. That's why they are losing. :)

Anonymous said...

Anon 12:49, you may have a point, I sure hope this isn't a curse that will haunt the franchise!!!

Ken Matthews said...

Bernie-
pardon my shameless plug BUT..there are "3 little pigs" segments about the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs filled with great video... (for people who haven't seen the place)....the video is courtesy of one of my camera guys:Peter G. at ValleySocialTV.com

I haven't committed to an $80.00 jersey yet but it's hot lookin' (for a pighead) it works....

check it out.....there are even some politicos that made the cut...
that's always good for the blogger blood pressure.

Blah Society said...

Anon 12:49,

Too much Yoccos and not enough Lager is more like it!

That will get most people down...