About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Allentown for the Unwashed Masses

Last year, the big thing for the beautiful people was periodic "Dancing in the Streets" celebrations along the 800 block of Hamilton to help out businesses like Allentown Brew Works and PennDOT.

Whoopee!

One of my favorite blogs, Mrs. Dottie's Lehigh Valley Somebody, has posted an announcement from Allentown activist Alfonso Todd about a multi-cultural celebration on July 12 along Hamilton Street between 6th and 7th Streets. It will highlight the positive aspects of the Allentown community and is being called UPWARD BOUND, ALLENTOWN!

6 comments:

Blah Society said...

Will the Mayor and other city officials be there?

Anonymous said...

I like the tone of the event, positive. Quite often we really do get along in Allentown. We(the residents) are not the cause of what ails Allentown, that blame rests with city hall.

Scott Armstrong

Anonymous said...

Funny, Bernie can't announce something good about Allentown without bashing our great city at the same time.

Anonymous said...

A.J., I will definitely send them invitations. The Mayor and Charlie Dent spoke at the event I did last summer called STOP THE VIOLENCE at Valania Park. My goal is to do 5 positive events a year in Allentown. All are funded by myself and other individuals/businesses/organizations that want to donate, rent table space, or volunteer services. I feel as a resident that if I want to make A-town a better place, I better "get on my grind" and make it happen. There are MANY others in the city like this too. Ultimately, WE THE PEOPLE of Allentown are responsible for Allentown.
While OTHERS talk, WE do.

Alfonso Todd

Bernie O'Hare said...

You are confusing a shot aimed at the self-important people who run A-town with a shot at the city iteself. That's a typical Pawlowski ploy.

Anonymous said...

Not that it matters but if the mayor is there I'm not going.

Scott Armstrong