About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Friday, June 30, 2023

No One in a Suit With White Socks Should Ever Be Taken Seriously

Wednesday night, Allentown City Council unanimnously confirmed Nadeem Eli Shahzad as the City's new Human Resources Director. The City has been having trouble finding someone after advertising twice and even using a search firm. I doubt Shahzad will last very long. As Candida Affa observed, he wears a lot of hats and appears to be stretched thin. He's never lasted long in any one location, has been involved in litigation with one of his former employers, and frankly, is something of a bullshit artist. His effusive praise for Mayor Tuerk, which he claims came from 7-11 customers, was a bit much. But I have a much bigger problem than these minor details. It's that no person who wears a suit with white socks should ever be taken seriously.

Don't get me wrong. I'm hardly known for my sartorial splendor. But when I see some guy in s suit with white socks, I immediately think of Jimmy Hoffa. That's why the mob took him out.  

15 comments:

Bernie O'Hare said...

To the anonymous reader who pointed out my typos, thanks. I don't think I've every had that many in such a short story.

Anonymous said...

Nice blog youse got here, goomba. Be a shame if sumtin' bad happened to it, capeesh?

Anonymous said...

Much like your opinion about white socks and suits, my opinion is you should never trust a blogger who doesn't proofread.

Anonymous said...

Jerry Lewis always wore white socks.

Anonymous said...

I've always thought white socks indicate some hygiene problem; usually a stinky one like trench foot. I've never trusted white sock wearers either. Jerry Lewis is a perfect example.

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite teachers wore white socks with suits, back when teacher wore suits. He was allergic to the dyes in black socks. You're trying too hard to be funny.

Anonymous said...

Are you just trying to confirm your status as an asshole?

Anonymous said...

How about sneakers with a suit? I’m looking at you, Mayor Tuerk! ;-)

Discuss..,

Anonymous said...

No need to explain. I just figured you were in a rush when you typed up the story. Plus, the autocorrect function doesn’t help (if you even use that; I know it gets me all the time).

Anyway, I figured it’s the least that I could do, since I have the easy part of just reading the stories, not writing them.

Again, no need to post this.

Anonymous said...

Men who wear suits and sneakers also sit to pee. The science is settled.

Bernie O'Hare said...

"How about sneakers with a suit? I’m looking at you, Mayor Tuerk! ;-)"

That's been acceptable for quite some time, according to GQ.

Bernie O'Hare said...

"Are you just trying to confirm your status as an asshole?"

I believe I confirm that status nearly every day, Mr. Lewis.

Anonymous said...

I think the dudes who wear black knee socks and flip flops are hilarious.........

Anonymous said...

BO said:"'Are you just trying to confirm your status as an asshole?'

I believe I confirm that status nearly every day, Mr. Lewis."

I posted the first message, and I'm not Mr. Lewis. You're not supposed to be proud of being a prick.

Anonymous said...

I will take white socks and suit any day over the guy Mr. F. who represents the proud state of Pa. with his choice of attire.