About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Tuesday, February 28, 2023

NORCO DA RACE: Incumbent Houck, Challenger Baratta Will Face Voters on March 28

It's official. Incumbent DA Terry Houck and his challenger, Steve Baratta, have both graciously agreed to face you, the voters for a candidates' night on March 28, 7 PM, at the Oliver Border House (15 Wood Street) in Nazareth. The public will be welcome. 

The format I described to both candidates is that each will be given an opportunity to make his case. Once that is finished, each contender will be permitted to rebut anything his opponent said. Then the floor will be opened up to audience questions. 

I will ask no questions, nor will I plant any.

The purpose of this event is to give two fine candidates (and persons), each of whom would make an excellent top prosecutor, an opportunity to make his case with you. 

Baratta and Houck are both Democrats. At this point, I'm unaware of any Republican who seeks nomination. I have heard rumors, but no names. 

11 comments:

Reginald Kress said...

I really do like both of these cats.

Anonymous said...

Two fine candidates,you were throwing Mr. B under the bus.

Anonymous said...

Steve Lynch enters the chat

Anonymous said...

Way cool. I suggest a pre-game event at one of the many fine drinking establishments in lovely Nazareth. It'll spice things up and contribute to an old school Lincoln/Douglas vibe. Let's set something up for 5?

Bernie O'Hare said...

"Two fine candidates,you were throwing Mr. B under the bus."

I have been critical of Baratta compared to Houck. But he is nonetheless an excellent lawyer and would be a fine DA. I just think we already have a fine DA. While I wish he was not running, the voters benefit from his candidacy bc he creates a choice.

NorCo used to have a voter registrar named Dick Benner. When someone came in to his office to declare he was a candidate, the first thing Dick Benner would do is come around the counter and shake that person's hand. Benner was a Democrat, but he was also a democrat. Democracy is a failure when there are no opponents.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of DAs, wasn't it great to see Lehigh County's Jim Martin so completely exonerated as he approaches the end of his distinguished career?

Anonymous said...

Judge Barrata is proving Amy Coney Barrett was right; judges are political hacks.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Bernie and Messers. Houck and Baratta, I sure to be on hand and hear why I should cast for one of these men over the other.

Anonymous said...

I'll be happy to attend!

Bernie O'Hare said...

That's wonderful. The more, the merrier. My liquid refreshments, if any, will be coffee and tea. No booze. Sorry.

peterjcochran said...

The democracy experiment is comprised when there no challenges by individuals OR party. Easton,pa for example for mayor is a runoff in primary by two fine gentleman, both educated, both taxpayers themselves, both Democrats. The last Republican elected here for Mayor was the last Republican to get get elected here in my lifetime and I got 20 more years. There is only going to be about 3,500 votes for Mayor in a population of over 30,000 in the Mids. Peter Milan vs Salvatore J. Panto Jr. Interesting! Then , if I don’t like results,I just my enter General Election now as Independent,I re- registered now. Chancy Howell would tell me “I’ll vote for you ,you are what need down town” ! Well I don’t know . The only thing I can bring to the table for sure ,is personal integrity! Integrity was big issue for us at New Jersey State Military Academy ,in Sea Girt. I ‘m very aware of things that cause issues with the word “Truth”. Like “twisting” or withholding or just plain out lying. But , I would shortly get guys like McFadden , Al VanHorn , Vietnam Tracker, Frank Marrett ,people that know stuff , know how ,down to earth , like my friend Mike Swint and Otis Davis. Other people love all these kind of guys, and happy hour at city hall ,Friday at 4:30 on lottery from paid tax payers. Good luck!