About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Sunday, November 05, 2017

NC Voters: Retain President Judge Baratta

President Judge Steve Baratta has begged me not to say a word about his retention campaign. So that's exactly what I'm going to do. He is indisputably the court's hardest worker, and his decisions are always well-reasoned and fair. Judge Baratta actually ruled against me in the Gracedale saga, but he was extremely fair and let us have our say. Also, he was affirmed on appeal. His budgets are lean,and when he makes changes, they often result in net savings to the county. He could easily decide to go into the private sector and double his income, but I think he knows that he is providing an important public service.

We need him. 

Judge Baratta is a graduate of Bangor High School, and played basketball for Lafayette. He graduated from Fordam University School of Law in 1981. He understands Northampton County well. He was an assistant solicitor to the County,and also served as First Assistant DA under John Morganelli. He was first elected to the bench in 1997. His father, the late Renald Baratta, was one of Northampton County's most colorful trial lawyers     

I think Judge Baratta is worried that my endorsement is the kiss of death. But that's a myth, Judge. I'm really getting better at this.

No comments: