About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Friday, August 14, 2009

Former ET Newsman Killed in Afghanistan

When he worked for the Express Times, Bill Cahir would occasionally send me links to his breaking stories about what was going on in Washington, D.C., especially if it concerned LV Congressman Charlie Dent. He answered every email I sent him, too, giving both encouragement and insights.

I am deeply saddened to learn that Bill was killed killed recently while serving with the Marines in Afghanistan. Editor Joe Owens, a hard=nosed newsman not exactly known for his compliments, called Cahir an "American hero."

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Words cannot properly express my sadness. RIP.

Not so casual observer said...

May he rest in peace with the thanks and full honor of a grateful nation

May his family take comfort in the knowledge that his sacrifice is not in vain and that he was and always will be an American Hero

and may they have the full support of our community in the Lehigh VAlley both military and civilian.

Anonymous said...

Not so casual observer said...
May he rest in peace with the thanks and full honor of a grateful nation

May his family take comfort in the knowledge that his sacrifice is not in vain and that he was and always will be an American Hero

and may they have the full support of our community in the Lehigh VAlley both military and civilian.

2:59 PM

Beautifully said.

Anonymous said...

Bill was great. I will miss him and I am proud that I got a chance to meet him.


Shawn

Unknown said...

By all accounts, a great American. Our prayers are with him and those he leaves behind.

BOH - could you post any info you may get regarding how we may be of assistance to his family?

Bernie O'Hare said...

I will look into it and post anything I find.

Anonymous said...

Echoing Fourth's post, Bernie, and thank you for posting any information you can gather.

RIP, Bill.

Mickey said...

Thanks for this post. I was not aware of this article. After seeing it here, I passed it along to a blogger who concentrates on writing about the Marines in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Anonymous said...

He was far to fine a man to be discussed on this blog!