About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Which Comes First - Baseball or Politics?

I blew it. I completely missed last night's LV LWV candidates' forum last night at the Northampton County Courthouse, featuring County Executive and Council candidates. It was a good one, too. I have one bad and one good excuse.

First, I thought this shindig would happen Wednesday night, and never realized my mistake until I saw Bill White's blog about it late yesterday afternoon. Second, my grandson was playing a Northwest Little League ball game last night.

Politics or baseball?

No contest. I may be a nut when it comes to Northampton County politics, but I'm a bigger nut when it comes to baseball. So while McHale and Stoffa sparred, I munched on sunflower seeds to a symphony of strikes and balls.

Once the game was over, I rushed back to Easton, but was too late. I was able to speak to people as they left, and learned that this year's questions were excellent. I was also able to watch a video of the event, and they were right. I will be posting video excerpts and transcripts.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

you made a good decision... baseball should always be the first choice.

geoff

Lighthouse said...

I am surprised (but happy) they were able to get their game in. I know most HS baseball/softball games (and even the Pigs) couldn't beat the weather.

Anyway, I look forward to your video clips and transcripts.

Anonymous said...

As usual the tapes and transcripts will be biased towards Stoffa. This is not the place to get a good read on the debate.
O'Hater will attack Ms. McHale and call her a liar. Truth be told she did great and Stoffa was his usual BS self.
Good showing Ann.

Anonymous said...

It was good. Too bad more people weren't there. Even though Stoffa was the one that got the spontaneous applause from the public, Ann got the most laughs. One of the new candidates mentioned that she will attend her first County Council meeting this Thursday and Ann jumped in, "You might change your mind." I like her sense of humor.

Anonymous said...

Stoffa is very good at speeches and makes you think he is for everything. In reality he accomplishes nothing and his four years have been lost time.

Bernie O'Hare said...

"I am surprised (but happy) they were able to get their game in." - We got 4 1/2 innings in before the game was called on account of darkness. We were down 5-2 after 4. In the top of the 5th, we came backand tied it up. But because the dame was called, the 4th inning score is what counts. So we ended up losing, but told the kids it was really a tie.

Anonymous said...

Geoff is right, baseball should always win. How's the team doing this year?

The Banker

Bernie O'Hare said...

Banker, Three and two this year.

Blah Society said...

The problem is... baseball has turned into politics!

IRONPIGPEN said...

good choice - the little league game