About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Thursday, August 17, 2023

Dellicker, Montero and MacKenzie Agree on Term Limits

Yesterday, I told you the GOP congressional candidate Ryan MacKenzie supports term limits for members of Congress (3 terms for Congressmen and two terms for Senators). I decided to ask his GOP rivals, Kevin Dellicker and Maria Montero. for their positions. At the suggestion of readers, I also asked the Susan Wild campaign. 

Dellicker agrees with MacKenzie, adding that state officials should be term-limited as well. "I believe that we should have term limits for all Members of Congress and state elected officials too," he said. "I think our representatives should be citizen-legislators: people who live in the community, acquire real-world experience, serve for a few years, and then go back home to live and work under the laws they’ve enacted. That’s how our founders envisioned our government. And that’s what I’m running to do."

Montero agrees as well. "I have signed onto the U.S. Term Limits Pledge," she tells me. "Its backing is fairly bi-partisan, receiving nearly 80 percent support from across the political spectrum. This pledge highlights the importance of electing not career politicians, but a citizen legislature made up of individuals who understand the struggles of real people and who are committed to representing the values of the 7th Congressional District. If elected I will vote for a Constitutional Amendment to establish term limits in the U.S. Congress. I also support a ban on Members of Congress enriching themselves by trading stocks based on inside information and would vote for additional transparency in grant funding."

I have asked Congress member Sue Wild for her stance as well. 

In November, Northampton County voters will decide on term limits for County Council, Controller and Executive. I was initially opposed to term limits for local officials, but was persuaded by readers. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wild will never agree to any of this.

Anonymous said...

There should be term limits for blogging.

Anonymous said...

Interesting that Mr. Mackenzie is currently serving in his fifth term as Pennsylvania state representative.

Anonymous said...

So Maria and Kevin just like to copy whatever Mackenzie does

Anonymous said...

Ohare is in his 9th or 10th two year term lol
Dumbass

Anonymous said...

Didn’t Dellicker run for Congress last time? So maybe Mackenzie is copying him.

BTW, how likely is it that Mackenzie will run back mommy and to his state rep job before year end?

I think that’s what HE did the last two cycles.