About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Monday, April 10, 2023

Easton S Side Civic Ass'n Hosting Candidates Night on April 18

Easton's South Side Civic Ass'n is hosting a Candidates' night on Tuesday, April 18, 6 pm, at Shiloh Chapel, located at 201Brother Thomas Bright Avenue. It is supposed to include the Easton Mayoral and City Council candidates, as well as the NorCo DA, judge and controller candidates. 

That's a lot of candidates for just one night. It will be hard for them to say much. 

Maybe that's a good thing. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would be interesting to attend this one, especially since Baratta slammed Houck for his work with minorities. Baratta, on the other hand, panders, so he will come out ahead on this night. The fact that the former judge went on record at your debate to say he would be hiring minorities who would be “high up” the chain and part of decisions made me realize he isn’t getting my vote. First, I want people hired based on experience and ability, and second, I want a DA who can make his own decisions. Baratta has proven himself to me — he is a blowhard with an axe to grind. I want a DA with integrity, not a vendetta.

Anonymous said...

Word on the street is that Myers is the moderator.

Anonymous said...

@8:58. I’m with you, Baratta has no integrity and is a blowhard. Funny how he claims there is no diversity in the DAs office, but clearly there is. I liked at the debate how Houck brought up that while Baratta was on the bench, choosing a new law clerk every single year for 25 years, he never hired an African American. Of course Baratta lost his cool screaming how he hired Jermaine. That wasn’t the issue that you brought up, Stevie, sorry. You said Houck has no diversity in his lawyers, which he does. Again, every time I read or hear something from this guy, he is completely distorting the truth.