About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Queen of the Court


Allentown's fall "Queen of the Court" basketball program is ready to tip off. It's a free seven week basketball fundamentals program for girls in fifth through eighth grade who attend school in Allentown.

It's an opportunity to learn basketball skills in a relaxed, fun and friendly environment.

The program is offered free of charge in the South Mountain Middle School gym on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30pm to 8:00pm from October 2 through November 15. Pre-registration is not required.

The program is in its eighth year thanks to the help of coaches and unsung heroes John Venus, Brittni Kholi, and Brandon Lister. It introduces the game to beginners and helps refine the efforts of more skilled players.

Queen of the Court features guest speakers consisting of former high school and college players, coaches and other community members that are sure to make a lasting impact on the girls.

I have offered to put on a clinic but my email was likely misplaced. Someone complained that last time I jumped there, I cracked the floor. That was somebody else.

Some 60-70 girls were regularly in attendance at the spring program.

South Mountain Middle School is located at 709 W. Emmaus Ave. Allentown, PA 18103. The entrance to the gymnasium is on Church St.

For more information, please contact the City of Allentown Department of Parks & Recreation at (610)437-7750 or visit us at www.facebook.com/AllentownParkandRec.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Given you recent posts demeaning young women, I doubt they want you anywhere near young women with coaching tips.

Anonymous said...

Your best play to Coach =Backdoor (Lol)

Anonymous said...

what does that post mean about you demeaning young women? I am a woman and read your posts everyday and I don't see you doing this. In fact I wish you would call out some of the nonsense espoused by some of the loonies.

Anonymous said...

Obvious Trumpeters. He attacks women who call out those men who are abusers.

Bernie O'Hare said...

6:36, Thanks for your nice words. Sometimes I do call these loonies out. Generally, I view females who are in power the same way I view men who are in power - skeptically. I’ll let you in on a little secret. The best place for me when either girls or boys play is in the stands. I never even played basketball.

Bernie O'Hare said...

I posted this precisely bc I admire the men and women who sacrifice their time and energy to empower young girls.