About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Thursday, September 20, 2018

I Can Never Go to a Baseball Game Again

Though I love to write about basketball, the sport I love most is baseball. It's magic! There's the pop of a 93 mph pitch going into a catcher's mitt. The c-r-r-a-c-c-k-k of a wood bat when it hits a tightly wrapped baseball just right. The cool breeze of a September night. The joy on a child's face when he or she snags a foul ball. It's a game that gives a glimpse into the mystery of life itself, although the baseball gods only let you see so much.

On Sunday and again last night, as the Phillies' season comes to an end, I was fortunate to be able to attend two of their games. After last night, I may never be able to go again.

On Sunday, I had great seats with the "Diamond Club," a few rows behind home plate. Preferred parking, too. It was simply amazing. But last night was even better. We had preferred parking, and our seats were front row, right behind home plate. Not only that. We also had a sit down meal at the stadium in which a waitress came out with menus and we ordered. I had an avocado stuffed with chorizo.

Yes, our party was on television, and some of my Facebook friends asked if that was really me.

It was.

I told them I was there to be signed but want more money.

There is no way I will ever be able to top the seats I had last night. But as one of my friends there observed, they all look pretty good.   

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you get such seats? Is this because of some of your protected friends on this blog? Was this from the Chamber or LVEDC insiders you know? People want to know the details on this sweet deal!

Anonymous said...

He paid for them

Anonymous said...

Waiting!

Anonymous said...

Payoff for all the Trump hit pieces.

Bernie O'Hare said...

From going to various high school games over the years, I have made friends who were kind enough to invite me when they themselves lucked into these tickets. We will be going to lot of high school and college basketball games this year. It was very nice of the to think of me.

Anonymous said...

I saw you and then my TV went on the fritz. The screen went black. It actually blew up. The TV isn't accustomed to that kind of shock. Did anyone else have their TV'S go on the fritz when Bernie came on TV? The government should hire you as a secret weapon. Oh by the way, Amongst my friends, I was the only one to see you on TV. Some of my other friends said they didn't see you, but then, they don't have wide screen TV'S.
Hokie Joe

Bernie O'Hare said...

"Payoff for all the Trump hit pieces."

Those are football. I'll be on the sidelines at the next Eagles game,and will be taking a kneee just to piss you off. I may even moon you.

Anonymous said...

Diamond Club seats are listed on StubHub. We go several times a year to take advantage of the amenities. Other times, we sit in the cheap seats.

Bernie O'Hare said...

My impression is that there are no bad seats there.

Louie Denaldo said...

You’re a Richard (ie nickname for Richard)

Anonymous said...

Bernie you'd be happy to know there is baseball in heaven... the bad news is you're pitching next Thursday.

Anonymous said...

That's so funny I thought man that guy looks a lot like that Blogger. Then thought na, can't be.