About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Thursday, March 22, 2018

A-Town Mayoral Applications Due Friday

Allentown's Interim Mayoral applications are due on Friday. What I know so far is that there are about a dozen, and one of them was scrawled out in pencil. Though the applicant must be a Democrat, at least one is not registered to vote at all. Thus far, no application has come from MacLean, Hyman or O'Connell. I'm told that Betsy Morris Levin is an applicant, although I have not confirmed this with her.

I expect to see a surge of applicants on Friday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa Pawlowski for Mayor.
A Democratic woman, AND a victim.
Intersectionality rules the day.

Anonymous said...

Bernie, I know your are having fun with your grandchild and his gamemates. Now that the time has lapsed who or what shall become Allentowns mayor. City counsil was canceled because of the snow?
When will the VOTE take place?

Bernie O'Hare said...

I have written about the A-town Mayoral race several times, including here. I have previously written that the job should go to Ray O'Connell. Of the serious contenders, I consider Charlie Thiel a Fed Ed Lite. He hung with Fed Ed, Fleck and Ruchlewicz. I believe Nat Hyman or Roger MacLean would be fine, too. But MacLean has not applied and Hyman is having trouble getting support. The interviews are on Tuesday, and I imagine the appointment will be very soon after that.