About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Monday, March 26, 2012

Happy 60th Birthday, Tony Iannellii

Business Matters host Tony Iannelli was surprised over the weekend, at some swanky country club, for his 60th birthday. His fiancee, whom I've never met, somehow pulled it off. Ron Angle, who attended with his wife Sharon, called to tell me that most of the LV's movers and shakers, Republican and Democrat, were there. What's more, everyone had a blast.

Besides Ron Angle, Allentown Mayor Ed Pawlowski was there. So was WAEB's radio host Bobby Gunther Walsh, soon-to-be former State Rep. Jenn Mann, Bethlehem Mayor John Callahan, Lehigh County Exec Don Cunningham, etc., etc.

I can also tell you, from my own experience, that they were there because Tony is a genuinely likable person. Over the years, I have seen a number of anonymous shots taken at him, both here and elsewhere. But I can honestly say I don't think the guy has a mean bone in his body.

He's even nice to me!

So if you see Tony in the next few days, wish him a happy 6oth.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Tony!!!
Even though I despise the
"Chamber of Horrors"
Couldn't they have held this in China?

Anonymous said...

They really had Ron Angle there? Really.
Well, as they say you can tell a lot about a person by those he associates with.

Iannelli and Angle, it figures.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Anonymous slur. It figures.

Anonymous said...

I thought the guy was 65. Wow!

Anonymous said...

I thought tony was married.

Anonymous said...

Seeing Ron with the cigar makes me think of the George Carlin bit on guys who smoke them.

Anonymous said...

you must be severely hurting for interesting materialn on this particular monday ...

i am truly very sorry

C said...

Sorry for a lack of news? Hell I'm glad ;-).

Anonymous said...

7:42, That's probably because you're a queer.

Bernie O'Hare said...

"you must be severely hurting for interesting materialn on this particular monday ."

Nah, I have plenty to say, but you're just not used to reading me say something nice. Doesn't happen too often.

Bernie O'Hare said...

"I thought tony was married."

If he is, he's in big trouble.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if WFMZ will give him a new set for his show.

That 1990s vintage Miami public access television set pales in comparison to the superior production values of Wood Heat.

You watch one episode of Wood Heat, it's so convincing, you'll buy a pellet stove.

In July. And run it. It won't matter if it's 90 degrees outside. It's now 90 degrees inside too, and you feel awesome.

Tony's show just doesn't have that pull yet.

Anonymous said...

How could they forget to invite Bernie?

Bernie O'Hare said...

I'd never go to a party that invited me as a guest.

Anonymous said...

Surely that is a borrowed tie. Hopefully Tony got it back.

Anonymous said...

Tony was married, his ex-wife is glad it is "was".

Anonymous said...

Every time I have met Tony I have walked away impressed. Seems like a nice genuine guy.

Anonymous said...

Iannelli is the luckiest waiter in the world. When the Hell will he retire. He can be the new Bert Dady and have a company pay him to glad hand and hang around for the rest of this life.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Tony was a hockey ref, too. I ran into a coach last night who actually taught Tony how to ref. He confirms what I say about him. Tony is a genuinely nice guy without a mean bone in his body.