About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Friday, March 30, 2012

Blogging Elite Honored By Morning Call

To appreciate fully what I mean by elite, check put this pic (or should I say pick?), taken by Johnny Gee at last night's Morning Call blogging award ceremony.

All the losers were killed.

I'll write a more detailed report tomorrow. Of all the awards, I was most pleased to see Michael Molovinsky recognized as the most opinionated bastard of all.

If you want to know why George Wacker's blog is called Lehigh Valley With Love, this picture should answer that question.

Updated 9:40 AM: All the contest winners, as per The Morning Call, include yours truly in the "Politics" category. I had a 60 minute acceptance speech, which made the event last a little longer. To those of you who voted for me, thanks. To those who want me to rot in hell, thanks for helping generate interest in this blog.

By the way, Blogger is not allowing comments from anyone, even me, at the moment. This sometimes happens and this, too,shall pass.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bernie,

Does anyone care what is reported in the Call anymore?

Scott Armstrong

GROSS said...

what the hell is that on top of that woman's head?

Anonymous said...

I'm pleasantly surprised to see The Morning Call being published again. Haven't heard from them in a while. They used to cover Easton better than the hometown rag.

Anonymous said...

I thought he was gay, I must have him confused with another LV Blogger?

Anonymous said...

Geeting didn't win, did he?

Bernie O'Hare said...

No, he did not.

Karma.

Their names do not appear on The Mornng Call graphic, but Molovinsky won in best opinion blog. Mike Schlossberg's Chamber of Commerce blog won best business blog.

Untouched Takeaway said...

Congratulations, Bernie - well done.

Being a bottom-feeding blogger has its rewards!

UT

ironpigpen said...

herzlichen Glueckwuensche, Herr O'Hare!

Bernie O'Hare said...

I'll make the same mistake the Morning Call did if I try to list them all. I'll wait a bit and list each blog by category.

Anonymous said...

Not sure how the LV Chamber won, is all they do is repost garbage and rarely does anybody comment / engage?

Anonymous said...

The Schlossberg blog won because the Morning Call was giving a shout out to the rising Allentown gay community. No surprise.

Anonymous said...

Bernie: As an FYI, at last night's Bar Association "Reception for the Court" Judge Giordano delivered the "remarks from the bench" During a very nice speech he mentioned the phenomena in Northampton County where there are multiple generations of attorneys in a family. He then listed a bunch of examples. "The O'Hares" were included.

Anonymous said...

Many folks have contacted the Morning Call regarding your win. Others have cancelled subscriptions because of your win. As one caller put it. "You honored a political hate blog and you lost my subscription".

Well put!

Bernie O'Hare said...

Tricia Mezzacrappa and the Gracedale Goons look like they'll be spending another lonely Saturday night, trollin' the blogs.

Don't hate me cuz' you can't be me.

Anonymous said...

Just wondering: Does the news stop happening on weekends?

Bernie O'Hare said...

No, but I need time off.