About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Apology to Mark Aurand, Scott Parsons

Earlier today, I posted a blog criticizing all three Democrats running for a seat in the 40th Senatorial District. Although all three candidates filed timely reports with the state, I complained that not one of them bothered filing a report in Northampton County, which is a violation of state campaign finance laws. I also ripped them for filing paper reports in Harrisburg, instead of e-filing. This means we would have to wait until after the election to follow the money. But I was wrong, and owe an apology to Scott Parsons and Mark Aurand.

My first major error was in reporting that Aurand filed no report with the County. He did, and filed a timely report. It was buried, out of alphabetical order, but it was in the pile of filed campaign finance reports. I just missed it as a result of my own negligence. So I was completely off base here.

My second big error involves Scott parsons, and possibly the other two Democrats and Mario Scavello as well. Campaign consultant Mike Fleck called me this morning to tell me that Parsons did e-file his finance report in Harrisburg, which should have been available immediately. But instead, Parsons received a notice on Sunday, from the state, that his report was unfiled. As luck would have it, they are having problems in Harrisburg, and the person who really understands the e-filing has been ill.

Parsons did admit to me that he failed to file a report with the County, but corrected that error and will file in Monroe as well.

I don't know what is going on with Capozzolo, but know his report in Northampton County was still unfiled as of noon.

Since it appears there may be some sort of clerical problem in Harrisburg, I believe I was wrong to jump all over the candidates so quickly. I was clearly wrong to criticize Aurand for not doing something he had actually done.

I apologize to my readers. I try my best to get it right, but sometimes I really screw up. This is one of those times.

I also apologize to Mark Aurand and Scott Parsons.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

little tyrant with no cock swallows his blueberry balls and grovels so as not to be sued. LOVE IT!

Bernie O'Hare said...

Tricia, I have no idea whether my balls taste like blueberries. Nor do you. But the reason for this post is that, unlike you, I respect the truth. If it means I have to admit I got something wrong, I will.

Anonymous said...

cock

Bernie O'Hare said...

That's something you've consistently denied I have. Get it straight. Tomorrow it will be $67,671.00.