About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Friday, September 27, 2024

Flu & COVID Vaccines: You Can Order Up to Four Free COVID Test Kits

Residential households in the US can once again order four free COVID test kits.  You can sign up here. They ship free, starting September 30. 

I got my flu and COVID vaccine on Wednesday. I did have some mild flu-like symptoms that evening, and both arms were sore, but that was it for me. 

The CDC recommends an annual flu and COVID shot, but thanks to a vaccine phobia and a distrust of health institutions, fewer people are doing so. Last year, only 45% of American adults got a flu vaccine, and even fewer (23%) got a COVID shot.  This year, most Americans are staying away from flu and COVID vaccines as well. The 2023-24 flu season killed between 17,000-100,000 Americans. As of June 1, 2024, CDC estimates that COVID has killed 1.2 million in the US. 

No comments: