About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Thursday, April 25, 2019

Monk Soup

I love soup, and one of my favorites is monk soup. These is a Lebanese dish, and is made during Lent. It's a bean soup with barley and little dumplings with caramelized onions in the center. It is also flavored with lemon. I suppose it's called monk soup because this is what the monks would at instead of meat.

Though Lent is over, I was able to get a bowl of monk soup yesterday. After I ate it, I immediately went to confession. I already have a tonsure, which some ignorant people call a bald spot.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Met a cannibal on a health kick who preferred monks to friars.

Anonymous said...

Bernie, where did your score that, you lucky bastard?!

Bernie O'Hare said...

Forks Mediterranean deli

Anonymous said...

Lebanese are corrupt. Tony Basile has some connection to the taxi guy in Easton. Morganelli felt that The Taxi guy was bad enough that he stopped using him for DUIs.

Anonymous said...

Learned something. Silly me always thought Monk Soup was made from the fish.

Just as well, that is one ugly cuss.

https://www.fisheries.noaa.gov/species/monkfish

Gil Hodges said...

A Judge is not above the law fat fuck !