About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

I Get a Shout Out in Courtroom One

Northampton County's Court of Common Pleas consists of nine judges and a senior judge. 
Facebook ruins everything. You've all heard the data-mining stories, but what really gets to me is that it discloses my birthday to everyone. If I were 18, that would be cool. But at age 67, I'm on my way out. Because I've become senile and forgot to change my Facebook settings, the entire world knows that there's another nail in the coffin. So yesterday, when Michael Koury was sworn in as Northampton County's 25th President Judge, he gave me a shout out because it was my birthday.

With the exception of Jerry Seyfried, who insists I'm 90, 500 people actually applauded. I was embarrassed at first.  I am more accustomed to being booed, and there is always at least some justification. I am the only person I know who can go to a meeting of Republicans and get heckled, and then follow that up by getting jeered during a meeting of Democrats. I've even been booed during a meeting in Nazareth. Yes, even Nazareth.

"Could this be because I'm a blogger?" I once asked Ron Angle.

"Nah, it's because you're an asshole," he gently replied.

Not that long ago, all kinds of names and accusations were also being hurled at me in Courtroom #1 ... and #2 ... and #3 .. and so on.

Yesterday is the first time in my 67 years on earth that my name was called out in court in a positive way.

I was told that, if I can last another 67 years, they'll do it again.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

well. look like you will always be 10 years older than me.

Happy Birthday you old Fart

Anonymous said...

happy birthday

always enjoy your blog even when I disagree with you

wishing you best of health

blog on!

Abouna alex joseph said...

Bernie,

May God grant you many more happy and healthy years.

Peace be with you, alex

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, You young whippersnapper !

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Bernie ! (Hope you had a pop for your day).

Ovem Lupo Commitere said...

Happy belated, Bernie.