About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Thursday, June 14, 2018

A Wheelchair For Andy

If you follow The Morning Call's Keith Groller like I do, you  know about Andy Weaver. If you go to their basketball games, he's the smiling guy who takes your ticket. Though challenged by cerebral palsy, he loves sports. To be more specific he loves Nazareth sports, and the players and coaches love him back. Andy needs a new wheelchair.

Here's what he says:

I am raising money for a new wheelchair because my chair has broke and it my only means of Transportation in my every day life. I use my chair to collect tickets at Nazareth and coach Softball and it helps me to get around everywhere that I go. I am in my chair 16-18 hours a day and i desperately need help to get a new wheelchair because the state won't pay for it Any little bit helps! It is a everyday thing, it almost like my legs, my wheelchair is my legs and the only way I get around to do what I do and without it I am basically stuck.

I know money is tight everywhere. But if you'd like to help Andy get a new wheelchair, you can donate through this Facebook page.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to give a donation, however, I do not like using my credit card on line. Might you have an address for this young man?

Bernie O'Hare said...

It's nice of you to think of this young man. I do not have permission from him to share his address and do not know it. I would suggest that you send a check made payable to Any Weaver to Nazareth Area High School, Athletic Office, 501 East Center Street, Nazareth, PA 18064. He is a softball coach.

Peter J.Cochran said...

Bernie does he need a specific weelchaire ,if not I’ll get him one ASAP and deliver. It . -Pete