According to a news release, Executive Tara Zrinski plans to unveil her 2027 Budget from Northampton County on Friday, 10:30 am, at the Human Services Building, located at 2801 Emrick Blvd in Bethlehem Tp. It will be her first budget as county executive. A tax hike is all but guaranteed.
Her proposed budget will go into effect even if it is rejected by County Council. They have the power to amend the budget but have no authority to interfere with revenue projections.
The budget must be balanced.
Will she pay into the county's pension funds this year? Will she begin addressing the wage disparity that exists? Will she fund open space?
Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment
You own views are appreciated, especially if they differ from mine. But remember, commenting is a privilege, not a right. I will delete personal attacks or off-topic remarks at my discretion. Comments that play into the tribalism that has consumed this nation will be declined. So will comments alleging voter fraud unless backed up by concrete evidence. If you attack someone personally, I expect you to identify yourself. I will delete criticisms of my comment policy, vulgarities, cut-and-paste jobs from other sources and any suggestion of violence towards anyone. I will also delete sweeping generalizations about mainstream parties or ideologies, i.e. identity politics. My decisions on these matters are made on a case by case basis, and may be affected by my mood that day, my access to the blog at the time the comment was made or other information that isn’t readily apparent.