About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Opinions Online, 7/23/16

Blogger's Note: Opinions Online is a regular Saturday feature. If you'd like to express your opinion on any topic, click on the Opinions Online button on my left sidebar. You can also call 385-325-2564. In addition to these submissions, I sometimes highlight comments from throughout the week and re-publish them here. Please keep your comments brief, if possible.

**********

Melania Trump : "I'm so proud of your choice for President of the United States. And, we are so proud to be here. When it comes to my husband, I am definitely biased and for good reason. He loves this country very much. I was born in Slovenia, then a communist country in central Europe. My family gave me my love of family and America. The values are that you work hard for what you want in life. That is the lesson that I pass on to my son. And the lessons for generations to follow because we want our children to know that it is about your strength in your dreams and your willingness to work for them. We cannot take the freedoms this country offers for granted."

Michelle Obama: “For the first time in my adult lifetime, I’m really proud of my country … not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change, I have been desperate to see our country moving in that direction and just not feeling so alone in my frustration and disappointment.”

**********

Is there any truth to the rumor running around the courthouse that the court administrator is being pushed out by the judges because they prefer the deputy court administrator?

Blogger's Reply: I addressed this rumor some time ago. Jill Smith is on sick leave and IS the Court Administrator.

**********

When my issue of The Bethlehem Press arrived Wednesday, I was happy to see Bernie's article on First Presbyterian of Bethlehem. I think he did a great job, and the timeline was especially helpful, especially the legal content and implications of the entries. It had a good pulled-together message on the whole issue. The Morning Call did what daily papers do, and doled out news of events as they appeared on the landscape. But they did not have the same ability to read and analyze legal documents that Bernie has. Good job, Bernie.

Blogger's Reply: Thanks. I put a lot of time into that story. I wish Rev. Crumpler would have spoken to me.

**********

Bernie,

How many tickets did you or any of your readers buy from the Queen of the Big Time in Roseto?

Blogger's Reply: I have never been there. Maybe I should go.

**********

I would like an explanation when people are driving in a lane that is ending and they stay in that lane till there's no road anywhere, why don't they safely merge over before they run out of the lane.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re: Lane mergers
a.) They aren't paying attention, as usual, or
b.) They're from New Jersey, where that's the way they teach you to drive.

Anonymous said...

Bad driving is pandemic. When you are turning left onto a four lane street, you turn into the left lane of the two lanes on your side. Most dift to the outside lane during the turn or will not make the turn when opposing traffic is turning right into their lane.

It's maddening. And then there is road rage...

Anonymous said...

And then I read today's Express-Times where someone carelessly merges onto Rt.78, right into on coming traffic, causing yet another fatality. What happened to good judgment and patience? People are in such a rush anymore with their busy little lives, throwing caution to the wind, and before you know it all of a sudden tragedy strikes and your world is one of turmoil. How do you live with that? Is it worth it? The sad thing is it won't change a damn thing because we are a self absorbed, narcissistic society. It rears it's ugly head in every aspect of our lives. Make America great again my ass!

Anonymous said...

Bernie,
Opinions is lacking this weekend it must be them damm democrats and church on the run dysfunctional domestic terrism designs ACTing up again?!)$ Wiping regularly would be a help to there trade of infections plus one?!
RE:publican redd no party afilliation

Anonymous said...

Bernie - me too on FPC story. Great picture and report. Would love to know if whats her name knew who you were or did not. Have had a bleacher seat for the goings on and it is fascinating. It was once the church to attend in the day. Not so much any more.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Glad you liked the story. I called the church office three times to speak to Rev. Crumpler. I had questions, too. I also emailed their Administrator. I even called a church member on the ECO side,asking him to help put me in touch with the right people. The church assured me several times in mt first call that i would hear back, but I never did. Now it is the middle of summer and Crumpler is new, so I won't draw the inferences I usually draw when I am ducked. But had she or someone from ECO called me, they would have had an opportunity to correct me on anything Ihave wrong. I relied on previous public statements made by Crumpler.

Jamie Kelton said...

You can tell it's warm when the air conditioner in the car doesn't keep up with the heat. We spent the weekend near Hershey and just got home. I had turned the A/C here in the house back to 78 and when we got home I turned it down to 60 to cool it off in here. Surprised the comments are so sparse this weekend also, maybe it's just too warm for the Anonymous people to lurk and attack each other.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bernie O'Hare said...

I am not going to allow you to continue posting what I consider a lie unless you identify yourself and take responsibility for your words. If you can't do that, then don't bother making a false accusation.