About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Upper Saucon Family Fun Day This Saturday!

You're not supposed to have fun with your families, damn it! Upper Saucon Township is going to have a Family Fun Day anyway this Saturday between 10 AM and 5 PM at Upper Saucon Township Community Park on Preston Lane. Local personality Ken Matthews will be there, sitting on top a firetruck, although I'd prefer to see him perched atop a dunk tank. I think he's also going to give a bungee jumping demonstration.

For those of you hoping to get me on top of a dunk tank, you'll have to wait. I'll be in the middle of a baseball game, but this sounds like a great time for the kids.

Live Entertainment:
10:30 a.m. Glenn Miller "Big One Man Band"
12:15 p.m. Zydeco-A-Go-Go
3:00 p.m. The Cacklirf Hens and Roosters Too

Noah's World Amusements from 1 to 5:
Rock Climbing Wall, Joust and Thomas the Train Moon Bounce.
NEW! Vertical Reality Bunge
Trackless Train, Basketball Shootout and Speed Pitch with Radar!

Wait, there's more!
* Kite Flying and Kite Making with the Lehigh Valley Kite Society
* Tricycle Races, Sidewalk Chalk Art Contest, and Patches the Clown
* 'The Bicycle Man' Bob Swaim (from 10-11) and Other Special Events at the Southern Lehigh Public Library
* Balloons and other cool giveaways
* Upper Saucon Township Police featuring K-9 Officer Vito and Free Child Identification Kits
* Upper Saucon Volunteer Fire Department and Upper Saucon AmbulanceCorps
* First State Greyhound Rescue and The Gift of Sunshine service dogs (and
friends!)
• Cotton Candy & Snow Cones
• Lots of great food!
Correction: Trent Sear, Upper Saucon's code dude, informs me that families will only have fun between 11 AM and 3 PM. More details are on the township web page.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. O'Hare, On behalf of the Upper Saucon Township Park & Recreation Commission, I thank you for recogizing our annual Family Fun Day Event. Please note that the hours and agenda for the 2008 event are different from the hours and agenda listed in your column. The correct program for the event is shown on the front page of the Township web site. Thanks again.

Trent J. Sear
Zoning & Code Enforcement Officer
PARC Staff Liaison

Upper Saucon Township, Lehigh County
5500 Camp Meeting Road
Center Valley, PA 18034

Phone: 610-282-1171 ext. 254
Fax: 610-282-3557
email: tsear@uppersaucon.org

Bernie O'Hare said...

Mr. Sear, I will correct my post. Now I really want a dunk tank for Ken Matthews, who gave me the screwed up itinerary.

Anonymous said...

Bernie,

I want you to be in the dunk tank!

I might show up with a wad of $1's!

(Then maybe I can pop in and local libs could have a field day!)

Ken Matthews said...

Thanks again for the Plug Bernie. Sorry I gave you an out of date flyer. I can't swing dunk tank this year as I'll be in my USFD uniform.

Let the record show I did give Bernie the wrong info.But it is this Saturday June 14. It's a fun event for the entire family.
11a-3p