About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Friday, June 20, 2008

Jazz, Bop & Folk Music Next Friday in Bethlehem

Although I love to argue with Look Out Lehigh Valley, I value her skills as a writer as well as her contributions to the blogosphere. But did you know she's also a concert promoter? Well, she is, and has planned one for next Friday, featuring three very different bands.

Date & Time: Friday, June 27, 7 PM

Place: The Banana Factory, 25 W 3rd St, Bethlehem, PA

Bands:

Mostly Other People Do the Killing, a Long Island jazz band "founded on the idea that not only is Jazz still alive and vibrant, but it can and should be fun, engaging and thoroughly contemporary."

Strand of Oaks, epic folk music for the new generation, from the coal regions.

The Secret Life of Sofia, folk rock from Brooklyn.

Cost: If you can afford it, between $5 and $10. Any profit will go to Second Harvest Food Bank.

I've listened to the music. It makes me wish I were young again.

No comments: