About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Happy Birthday, Bill White!

Yesterday afternoon, I was fighting hard to stay awake during a Northampton County Council finance committee meeting. I was up at 5 A.M. that day, and was starting to nod off as some financial maven droned on and on about the interesting differences between wraparound and flat level debt service.

As I was drifted into a pleasant dream in which a really hot babe was telling me how much she's turned on by fat guys with no money, some asshole loudly walked in and plopped down right behind me.

Somnia interruptus.

I had no need to turn around and give this guy one of my withering stares. I knew who the hell it was. Morning Call columnist and blogger Bill White was in the house.

Never one to miss a reporter, Finance Chair Ron Angle immediately told the room, "We have a distinguished guest. Bill White is here. Happy birthday, Bill! Today is Bill's birthday. You don't look a day over 65. But you should get rid of that moustache. You're starting to look like Carpenter. That doesn't help you. He's ugly."

As Bill groaned and said, "It's not my birthday," Angle continued. "Bill, why are you hiding in the shade behind O'Hare. It's harder to see you."

And so it continued until Wayne Grube mumbled something to set Ron off. "He's got seven state pensions now."

After the meeting was over, I congratulated Bill on his 65th birthday despite his modest protests.

Isn't this amazing? Both Bill White and Allentown Mayor Ed Pawlowski share the same birthday. Barely visible moustaches, too.

3 comments:

Blah Society said...

They are one in the same...

Anonymous said...

Next time, I'll sit behind someone bigger. If that's possible.

Bernie O'Hare said...

You bastard! And I was ready to fess up, too.