About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Is it Clinton, Obama or McCain? PriceGrabber Has an Answer for You!

PriceGrabber, an online comparison shopping site, has a nifty little idea. Its Election Guide allows you to “shop” for a presidential candidate by comparing them on the issues. After completing a Candidate Match survey, in which you choose you stances on the issues, PriceGrabber tells you which candidate best represents your views.

Jon Rubenstein, who works with PriceGrabber, asked me to try it. He assures me "We are non-partisan, have no affiliation with any of the candidates, and are not taking advertising on the Election Guide. Our founders were very interested in politics, and this is actually the third Presidential election for which we've created a guide."

After completing the questionnaire, it looks like I support the Irishman, O'Bama, agreeing with him 49% of the time. Clinton and I are closer than I thought. She and I see eye to eye on 41% of the issues.

McCain is in the basement with a shabby 24%.

Although Obama is my first choice, McCain is my second. That's probably because the guide fails to account for the personality factor, which is important to any presidential vote I cast.
Update: Is this thing fixed. A fiend f mine, Ellen, just took this survery, and I entered her answers for her. She's practically a Nazi, althogh she's an environmentalist Nazi. The results show O'Bama her choice.

17 comments:

Blah Society said...

My results were:

Obama: 49%
Clinton: 38%
McCain: 9%

However, there is no way I am voting for Hillary.

Chris Miller said...

Bernie
McCain 49%
O'Bama 21%
Bill's wife 21%
But then you already knew this

Anonymous said...

"...the Irishman O'Bama."

Just when I thought I'd heard and read everyone's best effort, along comes this beauty. A classic. LMAO.

Anonymous said...

McCain 37%
O'Bama 25%
HRC 10%

It's official. They all suck. Is Gus Hall still alive?

Anonymous said...

37 McCain
31 Obama
16 Clinton

Results aren't suprising for me. I really don't like any of the candidates.

Anonymous said...

Funny. My best candidate choice is Lindsay Lohan (99%), should I be concerned?

O_o

Bernie O'Hare said...

Only is #2 is Alycia Lane.

Lighthouse said...

Thanks for the survey. There are a few I use in class with my students, and I will add this to the list of options.

Did confirm the cynicism that has gripped me about the future of our governmnet, as the results ranged from 15% to a less than enthusiastic 27%. Oh well, who is John Galt?

Anonymous said...

Clinton 49%
Obama 45%
McCain 18%

No wonder I'm questioning why I'm a registered republican.

Pamela Varkony said...

There Is Something Wrong With That Test...

Obama 53%
Hillary 38%
McCain 30%

Now all my liberal friends are going to start harassing me, again, about changing my Party registration. I'm a lifelong Republican, damn it, and I'm going to stay that way. I don't need no stink'n test.

Anonymous said...

From a real American and conservative.

Anonymous said...

Sorry from a real American and a conservative.
McCain 39%
Hillary 18%
Obama 13%
But I already know this

Anonymous said...

Bernie,

Just confirmed that I am a Republican after all. Now all I have to figure out is how I am going to live with that liberal wife of mine.

McCain 43%
Obama 25%
Clinton 24%

Zsolt Varkony

Bernie O'Hare said...

who is John Galt?

They all wanted to know that, didn't they? The mystery wass finally solved. I am happy to have been of service to a teacher.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Mr. Varkony, it is indeed an honor to hear from you. You know I'm in love with your wife. She's amazing. She really makes the world a better place.

Anonymous said...

Clinton 52%
Obama 47%
McCain 33%

Anonymous said...

However, the issues I agree with McCain on are pretty damn important ...