About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Dennis Pearson: "Sounding Forth the Trumpet That Shall Never Sound Retreat"

Michael Molovinsky likes Dennis Pearson. He also likes me.

Need I say more?

After being defeated by popular and reform-minded Joe Brennan in a four-way race for the 133rd legislative district, Dennis spent little time licking his wounds. He jumped right from politics into the Lehigh Valley Space Alliance, and is hard at work fighting for our right to shoot ourselves to Neptune from home made rockets. He also thinks it's high time we start mining asteroids and move our manufacturing facilities to the moon.

Meanwhile, back on Earth, Pearson is one of five applicants to fill a vacancy on Lehigh County's Board of Commissioners, caused by Kurt Derr's sudden resignation as District Three's representative. Yesterday, I posted their introductory letters. Pearson expresses great interest in Allentown's east side, so I asked why he never ran for county office. (At that time, I had no idea Dennis is actually much more interested in intergalactic affairs). Someone anonymously suggested, in a comment, that Pearson may lack social skills.

This poster is probably unaware that Dennis speaks fluent Klingon.

My question and that comment resulted in a response from Dennis - in English. I noticed a few spelling and grammatical errors and offered to edit it, but Dennis told me he would edit it himself. "That was only a first drat only."

A few hours later, I received Dennis' final response, which incidentally is identical to his first draft. As Dennis likes to say on his web page, his reply sounds "forth the trumpet that shall never sound retreat." I'll say this much. He is courageous.

To answer your question : Why I didn't run for City Council or the County Commissioners in 2007? First, my Aunt Dorothy , my father's only sister, died in the beginning of the year and I had to take care of the Estate. Her health condition deteriorated in June 2006 just after my State Representative campaign had ended and I needed to sale her home to help fund her care at a lng-term Assistance living facility. During my State Representative Campaign I developed a case of Singles that proved bothersome and the linking effects of Neuralgia from Shingles still was very painful through spring 2007 and still is not completely over with now... . When the Democratic Party announced their candidates for City Council and County Commissioner for the Spring primary, I just decided to concentrate on my umpiring, my substitute teaching, and my work with the neighborhood and Steelworkers Archives. To run for City Council and County Commissioner would have required a great amount of time and energy from my part and more money then I was accustomed or willing to spend on my campaigns. What I needed was a Committee to assist and complement my personal efforts.I was not going to go into debt or spend wholesale the money I ireceived from the sale of a longtime family Homestead occupied by my uncle on my Mother's side who died in 2003 The settlement for this property did not occur until the issues involving a complicated family agreement for lifetime occupancy by the Uncle and the provisions of his will wass ironed out. Therefore Settlement between the sellers ( the Estate of the Uncle) and the buyers did not occur until July 2006.

Sadly, some people's effort in campaigning for office can compromise their ability to serve once in office.

Those who send their best regards in regard my social skills should realize that I ran for State Representative without a Committee. Indeed I fell far short in votes in many sections of the district. But do these same people realize that in Districts 15-1 and 14-2 , also heavily canvassed by Joe Brennen and Rosado in person and Rybak by mail I beat them all. And how many people realize that in a race that voters could only vote for 1 individual, if they had a second choice I received word from many that I was indeed their second choice. I ran that race with honor and kept by honor,

In 1991 I ran for County Commissioner again without a Committee but amazed a total of 32,000 votes . In a race that four people could win I came in 5th. I don't believe I am wrong, but I think I amazed up to then the most votes ever registered by a defeated candidate until then and that still stands until now,

I don't care what my detractors say about me because they don't wish me to succeed. They want me to fail. Perhaps they are afraid that in such office I would really work for the people interests, do my homework about their interest, and the people's business in a most honest way.

As far as I am concerned the people who refuse to put their moniker on their opinions are not creditable. They shied their destruictive and deceitful words behind cover

I hope they realize that my personality is such that I don't take myself seriously ...I can laugh at myself and still dream. If that is weird so be it. I thank God that he has granted me some wisdom. intelligence and most importantly, common sense to carry the tasks I seek to do.

I ask, do these people address the fact that I substitute teach, which also requires a set of social skills. Or do these same people advocate or propose that I refrain from making a living in that occupation as well.

Teddy Roosevelt once commented on the fact that he would always refrain from drinking in public. Well this individual makes it a rule not to drink alcohol in public and at home too. Neither do I smoke. But I do take medicine for Type # 2 Diabetic Problem. Certainly these individuals when they talk about my social skills are stretching the truth.

Despite what these detractors say, and God would want me to forgive them, I am qualified to serve in public office and may be considered the most qualified individual for the present vacant Commissioner seat.. Indeed these amateur psychologists or sociologists will have their say whether it is correct analysis or not, but I will state the truth as I know it, but perhaps they are blind and do not see, and deaf and do not hear, and are close-minded enough that they do not comprehend.that this is the case.

I can't conceive that I must give up my place in line for every new individual that seeks to get in that line .... Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat in that Montgomery Alabama bus many years ago. I believe that this seat on the Commissioners ought to be awarded to Dennis L. Pearson.
Update: At 3:57 AM, Pearson took a break from his astronaut training to admonish me for emphasizing his space program over his many other achievements. He even sent copies of his email to Sam Bennett, Allentown Mayor Pawlowski and state senator Lisa Boscola, people whom I have often thought of as space cadets. Dennis does have an impressive biography, including a coat of arms and everything, and I should have linked to that as well. But Dennis' extraterrestrial training is his home page, so the emphasis is his.

39 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! ROFL!

Anonymous said...

Dog stop, you've got to be kidding me. Did a 3rd grader write that:? Did Joe Long write that? Christ almighty.

michael molovinsky said...

Bernie,Bernie,Bernie, I'm not afraid of anybody in a space suit, I'm afraid of the cowboys in the business suits; they're the ones who approved a 70% raise in one year. they're building half the courthouse at three quarters the cost.
Last year, for the first time, I attended a tax sale, and purchased a building on which no taxes had been paid for over 3 years. The owner who has some connections, managed to have the sale set-aside in three days, however it took the county three months to return my money. I'm not going to go into details about that transaction or other shenanigans at government center, but perceived notions about what our representatives are supposed to look and sound like provide the quotes which appear at the top of your blog page everyday. Dennis Pearson is a proven hardworking, honest advocate for citizens.

michael molovinsky said...

Bernie, in fairness to the voters, would you consider updating your posting to include a link to Pearsons biography page, where his accomplishments and involvements in civic organizations dwarf those of the other applicants? also, I suggest you stay away from Allentown's east side, where Dennis's community efforts have been appreciated for many years by many people.

Bernie O'Hare said...

MM,

I have updated my post to include a link to Dennis' many other achievments, something I had promised to do when still writing this post. His coat of arms is a nice touch.

Dear Maddy said...

I understand that Dennis was just endorsed by Captains Jean Luc Picard, James T. Kirk, Katherine Janeway, and even Jonathan Archer. The President of the United Federation of Planets can't be far behind! Maybe he can make Molovinsky his "Number One" and they can go "where no moron has gone before" together!

Anonymous said...

You making fun of Klingons? Forget the east side, I'm going to beam down and disintegrate you.

Chris Casey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

There is nothing intelligent at all about that cat.

Angie Villa said...

I went to Pearson's website and his achievements are impressive. So is his education, and his community involvement.

Anonymous said...

I am concerned however that an individual with this weak grasp of spelling and grammar is a substitue teacher.

Anonymous said...

He may be a bad typist. Give that guy a break. What are you trying to do to him destroy his life for seeking to serve the public.

michael molovinsky said...

mrs. dottie, dennis pearson is rather disheveled, never mind he routinely studies the budgets for taxpayer savings, attends all the meetings, city and county and works with the youth of his neighborhood. it appears most who post on these blogs would rather elect another pressed suit and then defend him(or her)until which time it becomes apparent they made another bad choice.

Anonymous said...

"In a unique project called Visions of Mars, the Phoenix DVD carries personal messages from visionaries of our own time to future visitors or settlers on Mars. "

Wow, can I get my personal message delivered to Mars too! Maybe I am not cool enough :(

If this guy is one of those visionaries the future is not likely to think highly of the past.

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the music on his site but I now think much less of Lehigh university.

Anonymous said...

Lower Mack said... 10:22 AM
Get over it! Gee stop being silly.

Drake Minder Phone: 484-557-6880 said...

Dennis is spot on in my view.

It's no secret our global place in the market has steadily fallen behind due to current administration foresight at all levels of Government. We need to develop ways in which every citizen can and will directly receive dividends from their investment in space programs.

Our economic and lively hood is dependent on it. The question is will we elect people that will ensure direct dividends of the peoples money or stop at the top floor of the elite in this world.

That direction can only be answered
by the people of this country.

If you you would like to see direct dividends to your investments in
government; take the first step in
supporting my write in campaign for State Representative for the 131st District.

What's at stake is the power of one seat in the house giving
Democratic favor. The Republicans are taking no prisoners.

See: (GAO) General
Accounting Office Report on where We Stand as a Nation


See example of what our competitor are thinking and doing:

Virgin Galactic unveils designs for its suborbital spaceliner. Credit: Virgin
Galactic/Scaled Composites

Bernie O'Hare said...

Drake Minder's interplanetary expedition lands at LVR. Why am I not surprised?

Anonymous said...

Drake needs to lie down in a room with soft walls and soft food.

Anonymous said...

wow pearson and drake! with MM thrown in for good measure! is there a full moon tonight or maybe the planets are aligned in some way ,as to warp reality.
bern these guys make you look like a mere mortal.

as for only being a substitute teacher. what administrator would give this space cadet a job?

i'm just observing the carnival go by

Dear Maddy said...

I gotta say..
I think Drake, Dennis, and "Bones" Molovinsky have watched too many science fiction movies, and attended either one too many "trekkie" conventions, or "Space Camp" for adults in Alabama.
Guys, the United Federation of Planets is Fiction! But I doubt you could win an election to a seat in that government, or on any episode of the alternative reality show "sliders" either, and I'm not talking White Castles!
"Uranus" isn't just a planet, it is obviously where your heads are!

michael molovinsky said...

anon 3:16 mr. pearson earned a masters degree either at night or after retiring from a full career at Bethlehem Steel, either way an impressive feat.
i cannot imagine how you can criticize someone anonymously while not revealing your own accomplishments.

Anonymous said...

As compared to your many accomplishments Mike.. such as...








Oh, that's right, Nothing !
Unless you count professional whiner, and innocuous spreader of gossip.

Anonymous said...

Leave the guy alone. He just wants to serve and represent the people of his district.
He seems to be a little quiky and appears disheveled, who cares? He is generally a good guy.
Chris Casey appears disheveled and you guys like him.
John Stoffa is quirky and a fairly odd guy, and Bernie smooches his butt all the time.
I have met Dennis Pearson several times and he may be a good change for Lehigh County.

Drake Minder Phone: 484-557-6880 said...

Wow! Space jokes, anonymous criticism, and a comment from Bernie. Who would guess.

Facts are outer atmosphere
exploration
has been going on since the 1960's. A lot of this has been paid by us the people of the United States of American for the benefits of mainly
The Industrial Military Complex


It's time we the People of the United States of America Take Our Country Back. Demand that the money taken from us show a more direct dividend to the real share holders of this Country; it's time to make George Carlin's monolog not so funny anymore.

It's the 21st Century and a lot more people are on their way as we grow as a society. Projected world population in 2050 12 Billion People. It took from the beginning of time to the 18th Century for the World to reach it's 1st Billion.

The People making fun of this are not capable to either understanding nor have financial interest in thing remaining the same.

Blah Society said...

"Wow! Space jokes, anonymous criticism, and a comment from Bernie. Who would guess."

You did. Good job, scooter!

Blah Society said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Mother of Christ, these bafoons make the ballot? Lord almighty. Thank God the powers that be in Harrisburg don't give these guys money to play with. We'd be the butt of many, many jokes here.

Dennis P said...

I like to tell Mad as Bats that the Solar Wind from the Sun deposits an isotope called Helium 3 on the Lunar soil or Regolith through the Solar Wind. When Fusion Technology is developed this Helium 3 can be mined as a fuel source which will be available for man's use for thousands of years. 50 tons of it is all that is needed to meet the energy needs of the U.S. for a year. There is not much Helium 3 on Earth as the Earth's atmosphere and Cloud Cover burns and deflects it. Harrison Schmidt the first professional geologist that walked on the Moon discovered this during Apollo 17 and coincidently that was the last Moon flight. No I have not met all the captains of the Starship Enterprise but I have met Buzz Aldrin, Eugene Cernan and Harrison Schmidt. Let these gentlemen if they are gentlemen have their fun but the future will unfold and America must continue to advance in proper step toward that future or someone else will take the lead.

Do you know that the Bethlehem Steel in Bethlehem PA once build elements of the launching towers and Gantries for our Moon Flights and NASA.?

In good faith I answered a question concerning why I did not run for City Council or the County Commissioners. Apparently at the hour I did it I was a lousy typist and sloppy copy editor. It happens sometimes. Whatismore, I received much ridicule for it, even a suggestion that would leave me without any earned income if carried out. But I advise my detractors that I am strong enough to get through this unnecessary, maybe planned ridicule aimed at denying me a spot on the Commissioners which I am so qualified to serve.Someone once said that if one can't stand the heat of a kitchen, don't go there. It seems that I am the one that my detractors want to overheat and burn. Obviously they most believe that I have more worthwhile to offer then the other applicants to make such dispersions about my intelligence and character.

Dennis P said...

I repeat,Obviously they must believe that I have more worthwhile to offer then the other applicants to make such dispersions about my intelligence and character.

Anonymous said...

Dennis's resume' is impressive, but his website music is a bit creepy.

What did Spock find in Kirk's toilet?

The Captain's log.

I'm sorry.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Dennis P.

Best of luck to you! In my case, I can only tell you that when I see a pic of a candidate in a space suit, I think it's funny. I hope you don't mind the gentle teasing, and that's all that I intended for you. If this is the worst thing I can say about you, you are a far better man than most of us.

Anonymous said...

There's a reason I stay in Northampton County. Wpw.

Anonymous said...

Uncle Bernie, this guy has subbed for me!!

I'll have to tell you some stories and show you his report on my classes. Needless to say, remarkable.

I don't know, maybe he'll fit right in.

Anonymous said...

All this and people wonder why Allentown has implemented security at the front desk? I wonder why it didn't happen years ago. God save us.

Anonymous said...

All this and people wonder why Allentown has implemented security at the front desk? I wonder why it didn't happen years ago. God save us.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Anon 7:30,

You'll have to give me the details. I spoke with Dennis again this evening and he is a very nice man. I also spoke with a powerful local leader, who tells me, "They love him on East Side."

Seeing a pic of him in a space suit had me roaring last night. It really is funny. But Dennis shook my hand tonight, proving he is actually a pretty good man with very thick skin. I wish him the best of luck.

Anonymous said...

Yea BO, I thought it a bit tough on Dennis. He is a gentle soul and wants to do the right thing. I though you were a bit tough spotlighting the email. I mean his statement made more sense than most of Stoffa's speechs. Dennis has more sincerity in his finger than Angle ever had in his entire body.
It's good to smile and laugh, but there are some out there who take themselves serious but should really be laughing.

To Jupiter and beyond!

Anonymous said...

"powerful local leader"

Bernie, just a note:

We don't have powerful leaders;
we have representatives of the people.

Please get it right.