About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

NewsOverCoffee Plans Two Candidates' Nights in Nazareth

Just a few days ago, Ross Nunamaker's NewsOverCoffee was praised by Express Times editor Joe Owens. "The best community blog I've seen hereabouts thus far has been NewsOverCoffee. The blogger takes extra effort not to make self-serving statements or outlandish remarks about others. He seeks and offers straightforward feedback."

Hey Joe, what about me? You never read any outlandish remarks from me! Can't I get an award as Miss Congeniality or something? Shouldn't other bloggers emulate me? Owens shot back, "Goodness knows, one of you is more than enough." That's just Joe's subtle way of saying my work is beyond compare.

Owens' remarks resulted in a sitdown. I agreed Ross' blog is the best in Nazareth. He agreed mine is the best in the Lehigh Valley. We exchanged embraces, and mob war was narrowly averted. Actually, we're a tag team. Ross reels 'em in, and I skin 'em. He's planning two separate candidate nights at the Nazareth News Agency, just a few doors from my estate atop the Army Navy store. Here's what Ross has to say.

Given the success of the "Resident to Candidate" night, NewsOverCoffee will be presenting two Candidate Nights in Nazareth at the Nazareth News Agency [60 South Main St].

Each night will be an open house from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., where candidates will be provided with a table and name placard and residents will be able to meet the people who are running for office and ask them questions if they have any. The idea is simply to give people an opportunity to get to know the candidates before they vote.

On Thursday, April 19, 2007 candidates running for Borough Council and County Council in the Nazareth School District area will be encouraged to participate (if you are a candidate, email me at editor@newsovercoffee.com to confirm your participation) in this first time event.

On Thursday, April 26, 2007 candidates running for Nazareth School Board and District Judge will be encouraged to participate (again, if you are a candidate, email me at editor@newsovercoffee.com to confirm your participation).

No comments: