About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Wednesday, September 09, 2026

The Great Alan Jennings Responds to Toy Factory Story

The last time I spoke to the Great Alan Jennings was during the late Summer or early Fall of 2018. He made a point of telling me he was calling me from the beach, which I thought a tad odd for someone who proclaims himself as the voice of the voiceless. In our brief conversation, he churlishly berated me in a profane-ridden tirade over my coverage of Upside Allentown's corrupt facade grant program, in which insiders were awarding grants to themselves. Upside Allentown then operated under the rather large umbrella of Community Action LV, whose biggest accomplishment in recent years has been to change its name. Jennings, its former Executive Director, had responded to my inquiries and did have to amend one of his tax returns, but was nevertheless upset with me for giving a voice to two people who would otherwise have been voiceless. He got ugly in that call. 

Fast forward to the present. I recently wrote a story about Allentown's Toy Factory, in which Jennings plays a minor role as a member of Allentown's Redevelopment Authority (ARA). This vacant factory was purchased by the ARA in 2022 for $400,000. Hasshan Batts, a two-time convicted drug dealer who is nevertheless heralded by the increasingly irrelevant PBS as a hometown hero, proposed turning it into a mosque, and nearly succeeded. 

Nothing much happened since then until earlier this year, when the ARA finally got around to publishing a formal Request for Proposals (RFP), and the main purpose was to provide affordable or workforce housing. 

That's what Allentown developer Nat Hyman does, and without sticking his hand in the taxpayer's pocket for grants or LERTAs or TIFs. And he's been successful at it, having completed 41 projects with 1,480 apartments over the years. He submitted a plan to turn the defunct factory into 20 apartments with on-site parking. He also offered to pay $410,000 for the properties with no contingencies. 

Another developer, Warren Lim, gave the ARA two options. The first would be 6 apartments, a daycare and no on-sire parking. The second would be 12 apartments with no on-site parking. The ARA would lose between $50,000 to $100,000. And Lim's offer is contingent upon his ability to get a loan for $1.39 million. 

This seems like a no-brainer, right? But this is Allentown, land of pay-to-play, a former Mayor who went to jail for public corruption, and a city Council that very nearly ignored state law a few years ago to appoint hometown hero and convicted felon Hasshan Batts as Mayor. 

After a private meeting with LIM, the ARA has tentatively decided to go with him. Jennings actually insisted that Hyman should apologize to ARA. 

Allentown developer Nat Hyman has sued. That's another thing he does. 

This case is making its way through the legal jungle, but Jennings hates any form of criticism. He is more accustomed to adulation. He also occasionally pens condescending op-eds railing about numerous topics, including how to solve the affordable housing crisis. Hypocritically, when he had an opportunity to provide 20 affordable rental units in Allentown, he said No.  

His real schtick over the years has been to threaten banks and wealthy developers unless they give him money. When they do, he gives them cover like he has done with the NIZ. His approach has helped some people over the years, but there's no denying that his shakedowns are nothing short of legal extortion. 

He would have done well in the Mafia. 

In my Toy Factory story, Jennings was unable to take the public criticism. Like so many public figures, he is incredibly thin-skinned. 

Here's a few excerpts from that story, including what people said and how he reacted. 

Jennings once again proves he is the north end of a south bound jackass.

Jennings: Fuck you, coward.

This stinks and doesn't surprise me that Jennings was involved!

Jennings: Fuck you, coward.

All you have to say is “Alan Jennings” and you know the process is corrupt. That guy made a lifetime of fleecing people out of their money and doing nothing for the community. He thinks he’s important and that people admire him. Little does he know that everyone thinks he is do nothing asshole !

Jennings: Fuck you, coward.

Ok what the hell is Alan Jennings doing in that room? I swear, I have never seen someone try harder to remain relevant. Alan, you're retired. Enjoy it already.

Jennings: Fuck you, coward.

There’s no bigger blowhard in the world than Alan Jennings. If you ask him, he knows everything ! A legend in his own mind.

Jennings: Fuck you, coward.

Nat is a decent guy- on the other hand, Alan Jennings has been a scrubber his entire adult life- I wish he would just go away!

Jennings: Fuck you, coward.

Hasn’t the First presbyterian Church of Allentown already erected a monument for Alan?

Jennings: Fuck you, coward.

Jennings: Anonymity is cowardice.

Me: That is more often than not true but they could be cowards who are still telling the truth. You, on the other hand, have been behind nearly every major mistake in Allentown, from your rabid support of Fed Ed to your role in the facade grants, and don’t get me started on other communities. Yet you think every time you fart. People should applaud.

Jennings: Speaking of cowards, it's pretty pathetic that you won't publish my response to the paranoid schizophrenics. And you take cheap shots knowing we can't comment on the substance of the lawsuit.

I know you're too smart to believe your bull shit. You know damn well that my salary was among the lowest in the nonprofit sector. You know damn well that I declined raises. You know damn well how modest my home is. You know damn well that I received countless awards from groups throughout the Lehigh Valley, from the Conference of Churches to the Chambers of Commerce, from the US Marine Detachment to the CPA's. You may not know that my papers are in the archives of the Lehigh County Historical Society and that I was inducted into the National Community Action Foundation Hall of Fame. Surely you can''t believe that all of these people are members of Sinister Creeps and Satan Worshipers of America's Lehigh Valley Chapter.

Despite my retirement I continue to volunteer my time working on a range of groups' agendas, including housing, the arts, children and community development.

You, on the other hand, have, for decades, been a mean-spirited loser, a malicious liar who takes pleasure in trying to smear good people trying to do good things for their community, trashing their motives because you hate that people could care for others if for no better reason than that it makes them feel like decent human beings.

So, come after me, you pathetic SOB, remind us what a small, ugly antidote you are for all that is good in our world.

Me: Alan, I have published every comment you submitted, from you patting yourself on the back to the vulgarities. Aren't you special!

62 comments:

  1. We need a state grant of $9 million to build a statue of Alan Jennings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes we do OR a bridge named after

      Delete
  2. Well, that escalated quickly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could the Allentown FBI office be busy with another big public corruption case? Hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A long overdue unveiling of the real Alan Jennings. He is an hypocrite, unethical, slimy and a whore …. available for hire to the highest bidder. Just look at his testimony against the Ripple affordable housing project because he got paid to be an “expert” witness. And of course his endless defense of Ed Pawlowski, a convicted felon because Ed took care of him when he was in office. What he did to Nat Hyman is just another example in a litany of immoral and self serving actions. He is a fraud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another coward. And a liar, too. I didn’t get paid a nickel for my comments.

      Delete
    2. He should be in jail!

      Delete
  5. What? No Jermaine Green post after the salacious story on LVL yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will write about it once it is resolved one way or the other

      Delete
    2. Booooooooo! Write about it now!

      Delete
    3. The surest way to get me to NOT write about something is to post an anonymous off topic comment telling me I must do so. Additional OT comments will not be published.

      Delete
  6. Even while railing against you Bernie , he cannot help himself by listing all of the irrelevant awards he received. Jennings is the epitome of insecurity. Pathetic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you remember back when we had problems with racism, inequality and crime?
    That was before Alan Jennings worked his magic.
    We now live in a perfect world.
    All Hail Alan!
    All Hail Alan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The “fuck you coward” response to every comment shows you the level of Jennings intellect. He is a dumb guy who had a meaningless and indistinguishable career and he can’t go over it. He always thought he would be important and he wasn’t and isn’t.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm getting popcorn. When two lefties who fancy themselves as caring do-gooders have a bitch fight. I'm locked in. Carry on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. AJ just stupidly proved to the world that he is indeed the north end of a south bound jackass.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jennings, almost as childish and an egotistical bully as tRUMP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't you late for the short school bus, hunny? Try not to poop your pants today.

      Delete
    2. First of all I was on time! Second of all that only happened twice so please stop mentioning it.

      Delete
    3. @7:06am You never disappoint with your idiotic trump comment Every. Single. Post.

      Delete
  12. Jennings comments show that he is just a petulant child

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always thought Alan was a smart guy. After reading the repeat of “Fuck you, coward” I now have a different opinion. He certainly has a limited vocabulary!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Alan can’t argue with his own comments. He looks ridiculous

    ReplyDelete
  15. I believe that Alan Jennings has mental health issues that go back decades (maybe you should ask him about that), and it appears nothing has changed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. “You may not know that my papers are in the archives of the Lehigh County Historical Society .” Probably in the small round circular archive. What a joke !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I own many leather bounds books, and I smell of rich tobacco...

      Delete
  17. I don’t know this guy nor have I ever heard of him but his comments to you touting his accomplishments make him look like a fool .

    ReplyDelete
  18. The foul mouthed Prince of Poverty versus the landlord who tried to evict people during the winter while there was a moratorium prohibiting evictions in place due to a plague. Not sure who to root for here.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The guy's a grifter!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The history of the Lehigh Valley can be divided into two eras:

    BJ - before Jennings
    PJ - post Jennings

    All was awful and yet after he arrived on the scene, all was perfection and light.

    ReplyDelete
  21. BOH, how about starting a funding website page so Jennings can get the orthopedic care he’ll need from patting himself on the back?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I remember, in the days I was drinking, how my tongue would loosen late at night if I’d had a few drinks at dinner. The things I’d say! Sometimes I’d get called out the following morning and I’d feel remorse and the need to apologize. No more drinking nor nighttime posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear 909 am: It's wonderful that you stopped drinking. You need to be very very proud. You can't imagine how many marriages were destroyed by someone drinking.
      Best.

      Delete
  23. What a tool this guy is ! He calls everyone a coward because they write anonymously but he says fuck you to them from the safety of his house. He wouldn’t say fuck you to their face and they could beat the shit out of him. Whose the coward ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He might be an asshole, but I know the guy. Yeah, he'd tell someone to fuck off to their face. He's many things, but fearful is not one of them

      Delete
    2. What astounding courage, to tell someone to F off! Any mouthy blowhard can tell someone that, most often when they believe the target is beneath them or weaker. 11:28, I ask you to seriously reconsider your definition of courage. There is physical, life-endangering and life-saving courage, where you may immediately need to decide that it’s worth putting your life on the line, or you take time to decide someone else needs part of your body. There is moral or life altering courage, where you may lose your job, your family, your reputation, your possessions, but you still do something because it’s right. But I’ve seen the F off type of singular courage in parking lots, checkout lines, bars, and street intersections all over. How life affirmingly heroic. Give all the F’ers a medal, a participation trophy, and a taxpayer funded grant.

      Delete
    3. I was directly responding to 915, not debating the meaning of courage...

      Delete
    4. OK, it’s just that the logic of your 11:28 breaks out to: He’s not afraid to tell someone to F off to their face, therefore he is not fearful. I see that as comparable to: I can work a can opener. Does that make me a machinist? Pretty much everyone, in the course of their life, encounters at least one situation that makes “To say F off or not to say F off” trivial compared to the weight of the real question they face. How noble is their response? And I _shall_ post anonymously.

      Delete
  24. The “Great” Alan Jennings . LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  25. "Another developer, Warren Lim, gave the ARA two options. The first would be 6 apartments, a daycare and no on-sire parking. The second would be 12 apartments with no on-site parking. The ARA would lose between $50,000 to $100,000. And Lim's offer is contingent upon his ability to get a loan for $1.39 million."
    Bernie, parking on 10th street at Linden is impossible now because of decades of subdivision of nearby single family row properties. Lim's proposal for a day care would force parents to double park as a necessity, thus causing traffic nightmares not to mention danger for emergency vehicles responding to nearby calls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100% right ! I was thinking the same thing! Where will all of the daycare drop offs park? Bernie: Didn't you say in your prior piece that Lim proposed 12 apartments with only 8 parking spaces? Where are the other 4 cars supposed to park?

      Delete
    2. Other 4 cars? Obviously you haven’t seen how many people the city allows to be packed into an apartment.

      Delete
  26. They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So all you need to know is that Jenning’s best buddy is Fed Ed. Nuf said

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great article BO! Hard to see how Jennings could complain against his own words. Talk about someone who can dish it out but can’t take it .

    ReplyDelete
  28. He knew Alan Greenspan

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is hysterical ! His repeated response of "fuck you coward " is the stupidest thing I have seen. You can't make this shit up!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Never like him, never trusted him.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Homeless man walks up to Jennings on his beach towel and asks for a sandwich or cup of water ...

    Jennings: Fuck you coward.

    ReplyDelete
  32. No wonder Allentown is still stuck in the past with this jackass- he should be in jail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He will make sure his agents collect grants for tormenting neighborhood. Yes he and his agents of the Allentown Redevelopment Authority as well as his own community action of the valley have made claims of cleaning up when fact remains they employ and even import there drug dealing couterparts. This all to accumulate real property via HUD.

      Delete
  33. CORRECTION: SORRY: Re: Developer Lin: Message stated: 10th street at Linden ...should be 10th at Tilghman.

    ReplyDelete
  34. This reminds me, I wonder what Ed DisGrace is up to these days. That photo of him from this blog in the late 2010s is permanently etched in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The penguin was in town last week on a day pass from the halfway house lol.

      Delete
  35. You losers inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Alan Jennings should donate his very substantial turkey neck to meals on wheels, it would feed a family of 6

    ReplyDelete

You own views are appreciated, especially if they differ from mine. But remember, commenting is a privilege, not a right. I will delete personal attacks or off-topic remarks at my discretion. Comments that play into the tribalism that has consumed this nation will be declined. So will comments alleging voter fraud unless backed up by concrete evidence. If you attack someone personally, I expect you to identify yourself. I will delete criticisms of my comment policy, vulgarities, cut-and-paste jobs from other sources and any suggestion of violence towards anyone. I will also delete sweeping generalizations about mainstream parties or ideologies, i.e. identity politics. My decisions on these matters are made on a case by case basis, and may be affected by my mood that day, my access to the blog at the time the comment was made or other information that isn’t readily apparent.