About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Monday, December 19, 2022

Frank Pintabone Seeks Easton City Council Berth

Every Thanksgiving over the past 10 years, Frank Pintabone has pooled money from himself and a number of local businessmen to purchase turkeys. He then loads them in his pickup tuck and hands them out on a first come, first served basis. He starts in Easton and finishes in Allentown. They go very quickly, especially in Allentown. When I found out about this a few years ago, I asked Frank if I could run a story. He declined because it might make hungry but proud people less willing to accept needed help. I understand, but I'll mention it now because this is precisely the kind of person we need to see in public office. He's running for Easton City Council, and his election should be a no-brainer. 

Because I'm suffering from a mild case of leprosy, I was unable to attend Frank's announcement on Friday.  He sent me a copy of his statement, which is below. 

Good afternoon, and thank you all for joining me today. I am humbled and honored to stand here amongst some of Easton’s greatest past and present community leaders

When I was 19 years old, Mr. Boyer's mom, Josephine Boyer, assisted me in being appointed to the executive board of the Boys and Girls Club of Easton. Over the years, I have had the honor and privilege of serving on many other boards, including the the Easton Area School Board, the operating committee of the Career Institute of Technology, the executive board of the Easton Neighborhood Center, the Northampton County General Purpose Authority, and currently the Easton Planning Commission, all positions that I have served in with honor and commitment.

I am a 4th generation Eastonian, with my son and granddaughter (who is here with me) making up the 5th and 6th generations of my family in the city of Easton. I’ve been a lifelong resident of the Easton’s south side. I am a local business owner and investor right here in this city. Easton has been good to me.

And that is why I have invited you all here today, to announce my candidacy for Easton City Council.

As good as Easton has been to me, I imagine Easton becoming even better than it is today.

As your councilman, I will push for a trolley system, an inclusive transportation system that connects the South Side, Down Town, West Ward, and College Hill neighborhoods together…

I will push for a crackdown on absentee landlords in Easton, resulting in decreased blight, crime, and cleaner neighborhoods.

I will also push for a full service grocery store in the West Ward.

I will be a voice for taxpayers in Easton. I applaud Mayor Panto and City Council for once again holding the line on property taxes, however, I will work diligently to not only hold the line, but to lower property taxes in the city.

When I served on the Easton Area School Board, I made similar promises.

I promised more public speaking time for community members, so that they can have their voices heard by the district.

I promised to move meetings into different areas of the community so that there could be participation across the entire district.

I promised to build brand new school buildings for the students of southside and the west ward.

I promised that all of these things would happen. And they did.

Shirley Chisholm once said “service is the rent we pay for the privilege of living on this earth”. I look forward to continuing to serve the city of Easton.

I am from the neighborhood, and I am for the neighborhood, and I want to be your next Easton city councilman at large.

Thank you and vote Pintabone in the 2023 primary.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm curious about this trolley system he mentions. Is it really needed when there is Lanta, or doesn't Lanta make these stops?

Anonymous said...

No need for a trolley.... LANTA does admirable work moving people around on a safe and economically feasible way.

Anonymous said...

What you see is what you get with Frank. He's a good dude.

Anonymous said...

Frank rocks the Caesarean haircut better than all even Slim Shady, he used to train some great fighters and is a south side hero who could be heir to the throne for Emperor RoverFan

Anonymous said...

This guy seems like the real deal - walking the walk way before he talked the talk. I hope Easton makes the right choice and votes him in!

Anonymous said...

Acta non verba

Anonymous said...

You should check his attendance at any of these boards that he was appointed to

Anonymous said...

So many exaggerated statements and hidden facts. This is important follow up information for the public.
- How many of these boards/committees did he actually complete his term? Outside of his first term of EASD, I Believe he quit or left each one of the boards/committees prior to his end date. Shows unreliable character traits.
- Was his attendance at or above 50% at ANY of these boards/committees? Probably a no.
- Although a huge step in the process, Franks only real work in regards to the new and updated schools within EASD was to be one of the directors that helped obtain bonds to fund the work to be done. He quit the board before the real work was started!

Seems unreliable, disinterested unless it helps him and like a “typical” politician.

Anonymous said...

What an asshole. A trolley system? Who is going to pay for that? What is wrong with LANTA? Just another crackpot. Dream on.

Anonymous said...

Pintabone was on the board for both schools completion.And while typical Easd behavior wanted the board to do the 2 palmer schools 1st. Pintabone pushed for Cheston and pax 1st. Which is what got completed 1st.. " disinterested unless it helps him" please tell us what he gained personally from any volunteer position he held since the age of 19?? He will have my vote

Anonymous said...

You shouldn't be bringing this stuff up unless you have accurate attendance figures.

Anonymous said...

He is or was on the county GPA. Did he ever show up for a meeting?