About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Monday, October 22, 2012

The Moravian Defect

Sunday is always a busy day for bottom feeling bloggers. While everyone is at church or eating pancake breakfasts, I'm looking through their garbage. Unfortunately, I had to use my car (instead of my bike) yesterday because I had a succession of appointments all over the place. Anyway, while driving west along Route 22 yesterday afternoon, I almost ran right off the road! There, smiling at me, was an enormous headshot of NorCo DA John Morganelli, plastered all over a billboard. Next to his mug shot were these words - "The Moravian Effect."

John is a '77 Moravian grad, so it kinda' makes sense that the college would want to play that up and make itself look like a DA factory. After all, Lehigh and Lafayette have the engineer market tied up.

But here's what Moravian would prefer you forget. I graduated from that school, too. You won't see my puss on a billboard anytime soon, although I might get on a Most Wanted list.

I'm The Moravian Defect.

6 comments:

Sanctifying Grace said...

Can you imagine a Catholic priest as a graduate of MC? I lived less than a block from MoMo Vice. They ripped down that house shortly after I graduated and put up a parking lot.

Peace, ~~~alex+

Anonymous said...

Dear Moravian Defect: this was very funny.

You get an A+ for the ability to poke fun at yourself.

What does one major in to become a bottom feeding blogger?

Bernie O'Hare said...

Anything, but it's preferable to flunk out.

Anonymous said...

Can't blame them for not wanting to shine the spotlight on you. After all, isn't it in their best interest to publicize "success" stories, and not failures??

Bernie O'Hare said...

Don't have much of a sense of humor, do you?

Anonymous said...

Bernie, where was that photo taken?

Is that the locked wing of the hospital?

If it is, it is very appropriate, and probably a good place for you to get some rest and relaxation when the cares and worries of blogging become too much to bear.

This was one of your funniest posts ever.

Makes one wonder who else would be in the ad campaign for Moravian Defects? Someone could break into the historic admissions files and they could do another, "Moravian Rejects."