About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Thursday, August 05, 2010

Best Wishes for A-town's Michael Donovan

Allentown City Council starts every meeting with a prayer. They're gonna' need more than that. I'm talking human sacrifices.

Last night, Julio Guridy led everyone in the invocation, speaking in four or five different languages. He thanked the Lord for fixing the BP oil spill. Then he prayed for City Council VP Michael Donovan, who is undergoing surgery for prostate cancer today. That was a nice gesture, and one that I'm sure was appreciated. Allentown watchdog Lou Hershman, who has frequently clashed with Donovan over budgetary maters, also expressed his best wishes. Very classy.

Donovan, of course, had lots to say about issues facing Allentown, including Permitgate. But instead of writing about that, I just want to wish him a speedy and complete recovery.

I have my own selfish reasons. He's one of the few elected officials who will talk to me.

13 comments:

Sanctifying Grace said...

He will be added to our intentions during our liturgy. Peace, ~~Alex+

Anonymous said...

Apparently, you are not all bad all of time, Bernie. Thanks for your decency today. Best wishes for Donovan's speedy and complete recovery.

Vixen With A View said...

Mend well, Mike, so we may continue to joust for a long time to come.

Looking To Escape said...

I have my own selfish reasons. He's one of the few elected officials who will talk to me.
.
I give Michael Donovan credit for making it easy to argue with him via his blog.
.
I wish him well too.

Anonymous said...

Best to Michael as well - we disagree on much, but his openness and willingness to engage is what makes him the man he is.

Bernie, I do hope you write eventually on what he had to say last night about Permitgate, I'm very interested in hearing about it.

The Banker

Anonymous said...

We send Councilman Donovan well wishes too.

michael molovinsky said...

mr. donovan, my best wishes for a most speedy recovery. michael molovinsky

Larry Kisslinger said...

Councilman Donovan has my very best wishes for a speedy recovery! He like Percy has helped me solve or at least listened to some concerns from people who have contacted me about problems with Lehigh County even though I don't live there. Same for Cunningham! Even though I helped King Ed Paw a few times...he never even answers my phone calls. Go figure.

DEM Services said...

Is he working on removing the fluoridate from the water?
That really needs to be
fixed
!

Bernie O'Hare said...

Drake, People post all kinds of nice comments and you have to get wacky. What a maroon.

DEM Services said...

Bernie O'Hare your like a bad teacher; never have the proper answer, seeking the better questions and always attacking the opposing views of others without merit or reasonable reasoning.

What's up with that?

I can see why you support Charlie Dent. I would like to see America do better and move away from our countrymen descent into third world status. Yes, I probable appear marooned in a blog like this.

DEM Services said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DEM Services said...

Ok Bernie, point taken. Hey as I get older it's harder for me to keep up on my prescription on eye glasses.

One of my races I meet the Donovan's and was invited to a pleasant dinner. I was glad that they took interest. We came from different points of view.

Of coarse as a human being I wish we never would have to face illness in our families. If I had the power I would make every person hole - even you Bernie.