About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Easton Solves Prostitution Problem

After a gazillion years, Easton has finally solved the world's prostitution problem. From now on, it will seize any vehicle used in soliciting a hooker, unless you know someone.

Yep, this should do it.

Council member and supporter Jeff Warren should know all about prostitution. After all, when he ran for the job, this Boscola aide collected more money in the primary than all other council candidates combined.

One of his Johns is the Pennsylvania Builders Association.

Update: PhillyWillDo's D-Mac suggested last week this ordinance is meaningless. I decided to use the same damn picture he did for this blog, which occurred after this new law passed last night. I guess I'm hinting this war against prostitution is silly, too. Unlike me, D-Mac at least gave a photo credit to telethon, Creative Commons license. Now I saw this picture at a gazillion different sites but am giving credit where credit may not be due anyway. Why? Blog etiquette, baby. In fact, I probably should have noted PhillyWillDo's entry as the inspiration for this one.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like the sign but what are those three things lying on the ground under the car? Rubbers? Why didn't anyone else come up with this solution to the worlds oldest profession? Easton council just priceless!

J. SPIKE ROGAN said...

El Warner was the member who proposed this. Jeff Warren is just babbling to the press so they quote him and paint it as if he did something.

For those not in the know, El handles Public Works Jeff Public saftey. El not Jeff proposed it.

But I bet he will list this as something he came up with next race he runs for office.

Anonymous said...

bernie-
enjoyed the post. couldn't help but notice you used the same photo as Philly Will Do -- except DMac was nice enough to use a CC license. This is a kind piece of blog etiquette.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Anon 12:44,

I did first see this pic at PhillyWillDo. I decided I would blog the story when the ordinance was enacted. I decided to use the picture because I've seen it at numerous sites, from Daily HaHa to PrcielessFunnyPics to YourDailyMedia. In other words, I did not think a CC license was necessary. Frankly, I did not see that part of C-Mac;s post. But I will correct my post immediately bc I have no desire to step on anyone's toes.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Anon 12:44,

I updated my post to reflect the photo credit. I did not notice that when I saw D-Mac's post, and saw the pic at numerous other sites. But I have updated my post to give the credit. Also, since D-Mac's post inspired mine, I think I should note that, too. You're right.

Anonymous said...

Mr. O'Hare,

Why are you so concerned with Mr. Warren's association with the PBA? I'm a huge bowling fan and I bet you are too. Pete Weber in your face!! STRIKE!!!!

Bernie O'Hare said...

I'm merely pointing out the occupational similarities between prostitutes and pols.

Anonymous said...

Mr. O'Hare,

To piggyback off of the previous poster's comment, I am also a fan of the Professional Bowlers Association as well. I think it's HIGHLY unfair of you to attack Mr. Warren because of this. You are clearly an intellectual snob who looks down upon what the common man likes. Although I must disagree with the previous poster. Walter Ray Williams would beat Pete Weber every day of the week and twice on Sunday!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Anon,

I'll admit that Walter "Ray Ray" Williams is an excellent bowler and wish him the best in beating out Chris "Slowhand" Barnes and Norm "Turkey" Duke for a 2008 ESPY. But Ray Ray can't match the intensity and sheer power of PDW. P-Web is a bowling shaman.

Anonymous said...

Look, I'm not going to argue with you on Weber's showmanship. Clearly he's the best at it. But whatever happened to getting the job done with a quiet professional dignity. That's one of the main reasons why I'm a Dave D'Entremont guy. All class...

Anonymous said...

RAMONE!!!!!!!!!! BAROQUE MUSIC IS FOR SISSIES!!!!!!!

Bernie O'Hare said...

You are clearly an intellectual snob who looks down upon what the common man likes.

I'm just a snob. Why do I feel as though I'm reading the comments at PhillyWillDo?

J. SPIKE ROGAN said...

PBA stinks since the plaid bell bottoms and huge collars went out of style in the PBA around 1986. (The resat of America circa 1979)

Anonymous said...

I thought I saw Weber wearing bell bottoms, wide collar and shirt open to his belly button like 2 weeks ago?

Or was it Bernie?

The Banker