About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ignore Scott Armstrong?

That's right, folks. I've referred to this Allentown curmudgeon many times, but now I'm telling you to ignore him. At least for the next few days. Someone has hacked into his email, is impersonating him, and sending out pleas for money like this:

I am in a hurry writing you this note, I hope this message doesn't surprise you ? And it's very urgent. I could barely think straight at this point.You are the only person i could reach at this moment, and i hope you will come to my assistance and need, because something very terrible is happening to me now, i need a favor from you and i will be glad if you can help me out, I had a trip to the UNITED KINGDOM on a mission.I am presently in Sheffield and I'm having
some difficulties. I misplaced my bag on my way to the hotel where other valuable things were kept along with my INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT, unfortunately for me all my money got stolen and my cell phone if not i would have called my home.I feel so ashamed because i am so stranded and idle. Deeply in pains.I will be happy if you can help me with a loan of $1,800 to pay my hotel bills and also to return back home. I will refund the money to you as soon as I get back home and i don't mind to pay you back in double.I have spoken to the Embassy here but they are not responding to the matter effectively, I'm currently having limited access to emails for now, I am so confused.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regard, Scott

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who gives a shit!

Anonymous said...

Yep... it is definately not Scott or anyone else who knows you. The last thing they would be asking for is money.

Anonymous said...

Bernie,

Thanks, it's been a long day.

Scott Armstrong

Anonymous said...

ANYONE utterly stupid enough to believe the wild story and compound insanity by sending money accordingly to WHOEVER the writer of the letter is deserves to get ripped off.

What is the old adage about a fool and his money?

Anonymous said...

We prefer the more honest fake Scott. He makes more sense.

Bill said...

"Deeply in pains." Sounds like a typical foreign scam e-mail. The scammers have found a new angle. I hope Scott can repair whatever damage has been done without too much trouble.

Anonymous said...

i would gladly pay to send armstrong to the UK

Sandra Walters Weiss said...

Scott,Bernie if nothing else, often rides in on his white horse and saves the day. You both are on my list of folks that I consider who know and give a damn.And that is a short list.So I will dig up a merit badge for Bernie(LOL) and hopefully the troll who hacked your account will screw himself.It has been my experience that they always do.It's a pain but people will do anything to try and shut you up.Peace and hey,anytime you voice things folks just don't want to hear they get ugly and Karma don't like ugly!