About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Thursday, December 06, 2018

DeSales and Fairleigh Dickinson - Great Places to Eat

My grandson is a freshman basketball player at DeSales. Last night the team played and beat Fairleigh Dickinson in Madison,NJ, in their first conference game. DeSales is 4-4 overall. Because of my time on the road last night, I have little to tell you today. But I thought I'd fill you in on my pre-game routine.

I get there early. Then I eat dinner at the cafeteria. I have a close friend who goes to hospitals or bars offering free happy hours so he can get off cheap. He does not know about college food. I have to tell you the food is both outstanding and cheap. I've feasted on paella, shrimp lo mein and grilled steak. If you're a calorie counter, the selections list the calories.

I walk to the eating hole from the rec center. At DeSales, it's pretty close. At Fairleigh Dickinson, it's a hike. At Salisbury U, I got lost.

At Fairleigh Dickinson, it's all-you-can eat. Last night, I could have shut the place down.

In my wandering, I came across the statue you see above. it kinda' looks like me, although I'm a bit more muscular. Anyway, do any of you know what this statue is? I'm trying to find out. I know Ulysses was an archer and my guess would be him.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it’s Wilt Chamberlain

Kevin F. Danyi said...

I think you might be right: it looks like Odysseus/Ulysses when he return to Ithaca and encountered the suitors of Penelope. I'll ask a Fairleigh Dickinson alumnus whom I know and get back to you.

Anonymous said...

Anyway, do any of you know what this statue is?

Yes.

Kevin F. Danyi said...

Bernie, according to my source, it is "Sculpture of Ulysses” by Ivan Mestrovic.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Holy shit I was right!

Kevin F. Danyi said...

You're seeing much better than Polyphemus, I must say.