About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Nazareth Collects $5,700 for Military Families, and is Looking for Some More $

On Sunday, after returning from watching Allentown's East Side Huskies annihalate Moore Township's Redhawks on the gridiron, the road to my estate atop the Nazareth Army Navy store was blocked off.

Road block!

Maybe I had another unpaid parking ticket. I can never be sure. I parked my jeep and made my way home on foot.

Instead of a swat team, there was a big piece of masking tape, making its way from the circle in a southerly direction right down the middle of Main Street. Then I remembered. This was Nazareth's unusual way of collecting money for military families. People were placing quarters on that tape, and it just kept extending and extending and extending its way south. I think they finally stopped in Hellertown. In the meantime, guys wearing Fezes drove up and down the street in miniature cars, terrorizing everyone. I hope they weren't Masons.

"Quarters for Military Families" raised $5,700 for the Lehigh Valley Military Affairs Council and Blue Star Mothers.

Donations are still being accepted. Unfortunately, I failed to blog about this earlier, and have been taken to the woodshed by an anonymous commenter.

Make your donation to:

First Star Bank
14 South Main St.
Nazareth, PA 18064
(Designate "Quarters for Military Families")

No comments: