About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Babes of Northampton County

Yesterday, there was a "surprise" good-bye party for Ann Achatz in the Recorder of Deeds Office. Searchers and staffers kicked in some dough and brought in goodies. Of course, I complained about having a party inside the courthouse, but was ignored.

Ann had quite a few visitors throughout the day. And I've got material for my "Babes of Northampton County Calendar," which I'll be releasing next year.

Here, husband John crowns Ann while two staffers from other row offices - Miss January and Miss February - drop in to wish Ann luck.

Ann poses with three of her boyfriends. Tom Castellano, Troy Castellano and moi. Troy was playing with my boob.

Miss March, April, May and June.

Council Clerk Frank Flisser, aka Miss July, is always tricking me. When he told me my fly was open, I refused to fall for it. When I later went to the bathroom, I realized he was right.

Elizabeth (August), Missy (September), Jackie (October), Linda (November), Ann and Attorney Bob Littner (December) provide a sneak peak..

Judge Craig Dally was kind enough to wish Ann luck. He looked like he was in a good mood so I asked him to lift the latest bench warrant against me. He refused, so he's not going in my calendar..

Executive John Stoffa even brought a gift. More importantly, he let Ann know how much he valued her and how much she'll be missed. I'll give him a two-page spread.

It is sad to see Ann go. It is nice to see that so many people care about her.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Good Bye to Anne, she is a beautiful Lady and will be missed... Too bad that Stoffa could not give the same respect when the Former Register of Wills and Orphan's court, Dorothy Cole retired last June, he never showed up to say good-bye.

Anonymous said...

Nice spandex, Bernie...

Anonymous said...

Showing up to photograph and document government meetings in a bike uniform is probably a bad idea.

Sincerely,

Academy of regrettable decisions

Oily rags in basement, President

Bernie O'Hare said...

8:06. Neither did I. I am truly sorry. I never knew about it until she was gone. She is a wonderful person.

Bernie O'Hare said...

10:5, When I ride bike instead of driving, I need to wear clothing that makes me very visible to minimize the chances of being hit by a car. I did bring a change of clothing but had no opportunity to change at the courthouse bc of the party, a few rush searches, and the need to ride to Bethlehem.

Anonymous said...

Tom and Troy Castellano???? And here I thought the County had a nepotism policy.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Ann, and I wish you well... but.....
I Hope they did this party on their own time and not the county's! Since they get a paid lunch!!!!! They don't let anyone at Gracedale have parties on company time!!!

Bernie O'Hare said...

Tom and Troy don't work for the county.

Anonymous said...

Miss January has an orange glow to her, need to hone your photo skills bernie

Anonymous said...

Tom & Troy don't, but wasn't anyone else there?????

Bernie O'Hare said...

If you want to say something, say it.

Anonymous said...

Your exactly right Bernie...if they have something to say just come right out and say it. For the record, it is an ABSOLUTE FACT the the staff in the Recorder of Deeds office did NOT party that day. They worked the ENTIRE time and only ventured down to the festivities during their lunch hour. No miss use of county funds in that department.