Monday was the last day for party nominees to withdraw their candidacies. Now a court order is required. Some of you were apparently hoping that Bob Brooks, the Dem nominee for Pa. 7's Congressional District, would pull the plug on his race. I think that's highly unlikely.
As you can see above, a group calling itself "Concerned Democrats Against Bob Brooks" formally requested the state committee to request Brooks to withdraw from the campaign., based on (1) pending fraud litigation (which a court recently determined to have merit); 2) His public denigration of volunteer firefighters (who also serve as firefighters in communities with paid fire departments); 3) His alleged violation of a state labor law requiring him to carry workers' comp insurance; and 4) racially charged social media posts that Brooks has since deleted.
These concerned Democrats, whose identities I do not know, claim that Brooks presents "an unacceptable risk of handing this seat and potentially the House Majority to Ryan Mackenzie."
I personally have no intention for voting for any of the three candidates. Blogger Michale Molovinsky succinctly observes that the choice between Mackenzie and Brooks is a "Wizard of Oz choice ... one candidate needs a brain, the other a spine." As for Tupone, whom I suspect will survive the ballot challenges if he hires a lawyer instead of thinking he can represent himself, he's an ethical oil slick.

No comments:
Post a Comment