About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Concerned Dems Want Brooks to Step Aside

Monday was the last day for party nominees to withdraw their candidacies. Now a court order is required. Some of you were apparently hoping that Bob Brooks, the Dem nominee for Pa. 7's Congressional District, would pull the plug on his race. I think that's highly unlikely. 

As you can see above, a group calling itself "Concerned Democrats Against Bob Brooks" formally requested the state committee to request Brooks to withdraw from the campaign., based on (1) pending fraud litigation (which a court recently determined to have merit); 2) His public denigration of volunteer firefighters (who also serve as firefighters in communities with paid fire departments); 3) His alleged violation of a state labor law requiring him to carry workers' comp insurance; and 4) racially charged social media posts that Brooks has since deleted.

These concerned Democrats, whose identities I do not know, claim that Brooks presents "an unacceptable risk of handing this seat and potentially the House Majority to Ryan Mackenzie."

I personally have no intention for voting for any of the three candidates. Blogger Michale Molovinsky succinctly observes that the choice between Mackenzie and Brooks is a "Wizard of Oz choice ... one candidate needs a brain, the other a spine." As for Tupone, whom I suspect will survive the ballot challenges if he hires a lawyer instead of thinking he can represent himself, he's an ethical oil slick.  

13 comments:

  1. It’s starting to go around many Democrat circles that Bob Brooks campaign is starting to have a problem. Also with rumbling that more stuff is coming out on him. Establishment does what they do best….. mess things up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Concerned Democrats" is the ultimate oxymoron.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This effort was organized by remnants of Ryan Crosswell’s campaign at his urging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a concerned Democrat. I called up the Lehigh County commissioners to line up an 8-ball and Phillips Armstrong answered.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooks is going to win by 2 pts. Crosswell can crawl back under the rock he came out from under.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shapiro must have owed Little Mac or Momma Mac a favor.
    That favor was Bob Brooks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brooks is going to be your next Congressman, and it is going to be hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m writing in Suzy Wild.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who cares only idiots believe these people are leaders

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brooks is by far, the worst candidate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. “Concerned Democrats” including longtime Republican elected official Phil Gogel. This is shameless stuff from you Bernie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You’d be surprised how hush hush the democratic committee is here, knowing that one of them had forged signatures in petitions for one of their endorsed candidates in the past house PA -22 race. Let’s see how this plays out in the fall since one of them already lost to a liberal.

    ReplyDelete

You own views are appreciated, especially if they differ from mine. But remember, commenting is a privilege, not a right. I will delete personal attacks or off-topic remarks at my discretion. Comments that play into the tribalism that has consumed this nation will be declined. So will comments alleging voter fraud unless backed up by concrete evidence. If you attack someone personally, I expect you to identify yourself. I will delete criticisms of my comment policy, vulgarities, cut-and-paste jobs from other sources and any suggestion of violence towards anyone. I will also delete sweeping generalizations about mainstream parties or ideologies, i.e. identity politics. My decisions on these matters are made on a case by case basis, and may be affected by my mood that day, my access to the blog at the time the comment was made or other information that isn’t readily apparent.