About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Monday, January 08, 2018

Where's That Damn $800 Popcorn Machine?

If there's one thing that former NorCo Exec John Brown supporters hate, it's when I talk about the $800 popcorn machine. So I think I'll do it again. As I reported to you last year, Brown allowed his Human Resources Director, Amy Trapp, to raid the health and wellness fund for an $800 popcorn machine. She had it installed in her office, whose employees gained 800 pounds in a month as the odor of popcorn wafted every afternoon throughout the entire third floor.

Former Magisterial District Judge Jimmy Stocklas has offered to buy this machine, but is it still there?

Controller Steve Barron says it is, but a Craigslist ad from someone in Bangor offers to sell a popcorn machine for $50.

Brown and his former Administrator, Cathy Alan, live in Bangor.

Uh oh.

I've demanded to see the machine, but Barron said I'm insane.

I resent that. I'm a very stable genius.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

The erstwhile Ms. Trapp should have carried it on her back, while on her hover board, on the way out!

Anonymous said...

Placed in the administration office as evidence ! lol

Peter j.Cochran said...

No,park it in foyer as people come in door Symbolically , of how not to treat your employees .

Monkey Momma said...

Having had to use a popcorn machine during my "time" as a Parent/Teacher Organization officer, I can tell you that those things are IMPOSSIBLE to clean. In fact, we had "popcorn volunteer" sign-ups that were routinely unfilled, simply because word spread that no one wanted to deal with getting the thing clean after an event. It is very common for these hugely expensive popcorn machines to be discarded after very few uses. I'm not surprised to read they're looking to unload theirs, but I will be surprised if they get $50. Our PTO had trouble giving our popcorn machine away.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Lol. I have a popcorn machine. It's called the microwave.

sezary said...

I love the smell of fresh popcorn! Bernie, read the ingredients on your popcorn. Yuck. I, too, have a popcorn machine, it's called my stove! By the way, my stove costs less than $800.

X said...

Bernie,
On the NC site I had thought I redd a return invoice to amazon signed by jb? Just because it needs to think about a diet consisting of popCoRn, we hate dieting as well as vegetables.
Humanist by design

Anonymous said...

Should go to auction at the surplus municipal auctions ! lol

Anonymous said...

There isn't a kernel of truth in this report.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Very good!

Anonymous said...

Cathy Allen was last seen selling popcorn from the popcorn machine on the corner in bangor...ohh and John Brown was holding the sign dressed like a clown....

Anonymous said...

I thought that was a monkey holding the sign! It was Brown - lol

Anonymous said...

That was Brown?!? It looked like a monkey to me.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bernie - I'm sorry I didn't notice you are approving posts. Please post the second one re: monkey and discard the first one.