About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Thursday, July 02, 2026

NorCo Council Member Jason Boulette's Facebook Page Includes Explanations of His Votes

Jason Boulette is one of four new members of Northampton County Council. I want to draw your attention to his Facebook page. Of course, much of it is self-promotional, which is to be expected from someone who must periodically seek public approbation. But I like his occasional "Transparency Tuesday," in which he explains his votes and gets occasional feedback from other Council members and, of course, the public. In Lehigh County, Ron Beitler does much the same thing. He's a bit busy now with Controller Mark Pinsley's proposed intangible property tax, which is disguised as a "wealth tax."

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

You failed to mention he's essentially a Marxist. Shoddy blogging.

Anonymous said...

The difference is, Beitler is authentic.

Anonymous said...

I know both of these gentlemen. They are both hard working, dedicated public servants. THEY ARE BOTH AUTHENTIC! They happen to have different viewpoints. That diversity is our strength. It's what we should be celebrating this weekend. Just as we have a capitalist economy where the marketplace determines the most efficient means of producing goods and services, the marketplace of ideas allows the public, through its' representatives, to produce the best public policy. This is the intent of the First Amendment which above all else protects the right of all members of the public to hear diverse opinions. It rests upon a fundamental assumption of respect for opinions other than your own.
It is interesting that someone who anonymously posts tags someone else as not being "authentic." Physician, heal thyself.
-- Joe Welsh
Easton Allen Township

Anonymous said...

He supports Bob Brooks. He’s there for every photo op with Tara. This truly appears to be more of a “look at me” than a noble gesture on Jason’s part. Sigh - too many more years of him with this persona. He too thinks a Gracedale Oversight Committee is the answer. So naive.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully the next Lehigh County exec

Anonymous said...

Can’t quite put my finger on it, but there is just something about Mr. Boulette that is off-putting. I do believe he thinks he is smarter than everyone else, which is it own problem, and I definitely think self-promotion is his hobby.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, we actually thought Jason was sincere about "good government" until his wife wound up in a political patronage job with the Controller he installed into office.

Bernie O'Hare said...

I recognize that a politician has to promote himself and get his name out there. That does not bother me, especially when most members of the public would not know most of these people if they fell over them.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Could it be that he is a Democrat?

Anonymous said...

Wow.

Anonymous said...

He's a Marxist wolf in moderate sheep's clothing. Neither party has moderates. They're being cleaned out in a remarkably effective purity test surge. The ones who claim to be moderate are the worst liars. It's important to note that they're all politicians, the lowest form of life in society.

Jason Boulette said...


Thanks for the plug, Bernie.

A few responses to some of your readers:

"You failed to mention he's essentially a Marxist."

I can't actually tell if this comment is intended as a joke or not. If it's meant seriously, I would recommend reading through my post on the Lehigh County intangible personal property tax and let me know if this agrees with your definition of Marxism:
https://www.facebook.com/share/1dG3T9jvem/

"The difference is, Beitler is authentic."

I respect Commissioner Beitler enormously (especially his advocacy for open space preservation) and I appreciate his openness about his votes. I think he's authentic. I think I am as well.

"He too thinks a Gracedale Oversight Committee is the answer. So naive."

That's something I never said. Look, the problems at Gracedale are significant enough that there's no one 'answer.' I certainly don't believe that an oversight committee will magically solve all the problems. But I believe it's a necessary step which is why I support Commissioner Holland's resolution to create one (and I hope he is made the chair of the committee as well).

"I do believe he thinks he is smarter than everyone else, which is it own problem, and I definitely think self-promotion is his hobby."

I'm a smart guy. There are a lot of things I know. There's also plenty I don't know. That's why I'm always happy to listen to people who know things I don't or have a different perspective than I do in order to learn more. When I make my posts about why I voted how I did, I usually get plenty of comments from people telling me I'm wrong. And that's fine! As long as they're civil, I'll listen to them and have a discussion with them and maybe they'll change my mind.

As far as self-promotion goes, I'm actually an incredibly introverted person and I struggle with publicity. If you ever have a conversation with me, you'll probably find I'm pretty awkward. So it's not something I enjoy. But I'm doing my best at something that doesn't come easily for me because I believe if you're going to represent people, it's necessary to be out in public and talk to them.

Anonymous said...

Oh please, Bernie, you are too bright to stoop to such a ridiculous cop-out of a response . I am a democrat, so the fact Boulette is one, too, has no bearing on why I can’t warm to him.

Anonymous said...

That is not fair, she i a well qualified person for that job, she applied and was hired with no intervention by Jason, and when he found out he reported on a council meeting so EVERYONE would know, when he was not obligated to do so. This is a cheap shot from a lame person who finds fault in everyone, look in the mirror.

Anonymous said...

Boulette is no fiscal hawk. Just recently bought his first home, like Zrinski. Both of these people are neck deep in debt. Additional Boulette is constantly engaging in LGBT debate when that has nothing to do with his job on Council

Bernie O'Hare said...

Are you suggesting that boulette and Zrinski’ should be prohibited from owning a home or taking out a mortgage? There’s something wrong with you. Also, I watch every meeting and Boulette does not constantly harp about LBGT matters. You are slamming both bc of their political affiliation, not for any real reason

Jason Boulette said...

"Boulette is no fiscal hawk. Just recently bought his first home, like Zrinski. Both of these people are neck deep in debt."

It's funny, last year someone on here commented that I'm not actually good at business and I'm poor because I live in an apartment. Now you say I'm not a fiscal hawk because I bought a house. Where would you like me to live?

Anonymous said...

It’s called the “Club” and reward.