About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

NorCo Exec Lamont McClure Has Found a New Director of Corrections

Below is the resume of Dr. Michael Pittaro. He's the man that NorCo Exec Lamont McClure intends to appoint to replace Corrections Director Jim Kostura after 31 years of dedicated service to the county. Kostura intends to retire on May 10. He's a former Navy Seal who strted at the jail as a corrections officer. He credits these officers, and not himself, for being the best in the state, and his boast appears to be backed uo by glowing inspection reports. He will be hard to replace, but I've never seen a more detailed resume than that of Dr. Pittaro. His nomination will have to be confirmed by County Council.

Pittaro Resume by BernieOHare on Scribd

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you give us the names of any otter people wanting th3e job., It is A public position, and we have a right to know everything. Unless you don't want the public to know.

Bernie O'Hare said...

It is a public and exempt position, just like Council Clerk. Unlike Council Clerk, the County Exec makes this pick and Council's role is confirm. Antone can request a list of those who applied for the position. I have not done so. I am unaware whether there was a formal application process, as there was with the Council Clerk.

Anonymous said...

I've known (professionally) Michael Pittaro on/off since 1990, as I've worked alongside him in a couple different positions. For a while there, our careers seemed to have us run into each other every so often, then I hadn't seen him in over a decade and lost track.

I am glad to see him doing well and getting tapped for this position. He deserves it and will represent Northampton County well. My best to him in this endeavor.

Anonymous said...

With a resume like that shows he's trying to hide his work history in junk in the rest of the resume. 16 pages. Being a secretary or working in a jail doesn't make you CO. He wrote books about something he never did. How? How do you act like an expert on something when you never have done it.
Also sounds like he wants to run a clinic not a jail. They are two different things. NCP needs a lot of help right now. And a hug a thug director isn't the answer. This coming from a guy who still puts keys on his hips and walks blocks.

Anonymous said...

10:03 am: I will agree that this resume is “too” much. (I’ll look past what appears to be an online doctorate.) This resume makes me think this man is like many “book smart” people who spend a lot of time getting degrees, but lack practical knowledge and experience. Time will tell if this appointment will be a good one, but I am skeptical.

Anonymous said...

10:03-
My hematologist/oncologist never had a stroke due to a blood imbalance or has he ever had cancer, but I'm thankful that he has the education and
"know-how" behind him, to "know how" to treat and help me.

Anonymous said...

maybe he can find a new sheriff.