About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Thursday, October 01, 2026

Mackenzie's Comms Director Posted Racist Tropes

I've seen some of Arnaud Armstrong's comments as Communications Director for Congressman Ryan Mackenzie, who is facing a tough battle against blue headwinds that just may blow Democratic challenger Bob Brooks into office. Some have been downright bizarre, like his explanation when Mackenzie was accused of embellishing his career in the private sector. Rather than dismissing this DCCC story as clearly false, which it was, Armstrong gave it weight by saying that these were "passing mentions, mostly from third parties." But now a much uglier story has surfaced. During his days at UPitt, Armstrong was the "editor" of an online conservative leaning website called Polis Media that decided it would be fun 

Members of that website shared memes including jokes about statutory rape, the Holocaust, a young African-American boy looking at a piece of cotton candy and saying, 'You mean I don’t have to pick it and I can eat it?!'"

Armstrong gave the incredible explanation that they "were shared with facetious intent and certainly not reflective of the beliefs of those who shared them.” They were joking, so it's OK, right? He also called it an experiment to see "what the worst of the internet could produce."

He may find out soon when his boss loses a close election because of his (at-best) juvenile antics.

9 comments:

  1. Ryan is done next month. PA-7 iwas just moved to "Leans Dem" by Sabato.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that Mackenzie may well lose the election, but it will NOT be from something a staffer did or didn't do back in college. It will be from not disassociating himself from Donald Trump.

    ReplyDelete
  3. RM is probably going to lose. NORCO Ds will just press the D button and elect a lying racist crook just because it's a D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is low, even for you. But you’re the model party apparatchik.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can go pretty low. This is nothing. I don’t like either candidate and in a close race, this hurts. Mackenzie should never have hired Armstrong. As i previously noted, his communication ability has been obtuse. Now this. His employment reflects poor judgment by his boss.

      Delete
    2. As usual, the party that used to claim to represent “the people” has no problem smearing them when they think it will benefit them politically.

      On an unrelated note, I can’t wait until January when you write your recurring article wondering why good people don’t want to be involved in politics.

      Delete
  5. Funny, how the mainstream media has not reported on this at all

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dems are going to end up with 225 to 230 seats. Then they’ll start a circus and overreach like always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm. So a candidate without integrity or one who chose a person to help who did stupid things in college that no one ever knew about.......

    ReplyDelete

You own views are appreciated, especially if they differ from mine. But remember, commenting is a privilege, not a right. I will delete personal attacks or off-topic remarks at my discretion. Comments that play into the tribalism that has consumed this nation will be declined. So will comments alleging voter fraud unless backed up by concrete evidence. If you attack someone personally, I expect you to identify yourself. I will delete criticisms of my comment policy, vulgarities, cut-and-paste jobs from other sources and any suggestion of violence towards anyone. I will also delete sweeping generalizations about mainstream parties or ideologies, i.e. identity politics. My decisions on these matters are made on a case by case basis, and may be affected by my mood that day, my access to the blog at the time the comment was made or other information that isn’t readily apparent.